/

Monday, October 28, 2013

Messes Are...Messy

Can I just say that weekends are far too short? I always plan these fabulously lazy weekends, where I have plenty of time to read and write and edit and hang out with my boyfriend and clean and watch movies and TV shows and...Well, you get the idea. But then reality hits and suddenly...it's Sunday night and I've done nothing more than play The Sims 3 and marveled at my boyfriend's new Wii U. But I guess that's something, right? I didn't just lay around in my pajamas and stare at the ceiling. Although, given that option, I probably would have.

Even right now, I have a thousand and one things to be doing, and I'm sitting here, typing this out. Sure, those thousand and one things will most likely end up being fifty and one things, but the meaning is still the same.

I hate moving. I don't really know anyone who enjoys moving, but I loathe it. I especially hate that I'm moving literally around the corner and I have to do all sorts of things for it still. This is the time when I wish Hogwarts was real and I was a witch, so all I'd have to do is flick my wand and everything would move. Get to work on that, world.

All of this leads up to a very non-surprising announcement: I have not worked on my book as much as I should have. Not at all, really. I've changed a few mistakes I've caught, but it's really just the same. I'm trying. I am. I swear. But catching up on things and making sure everything is in it's place...It's exhausting. Hopefully, I'll set aside a few hours tonight and go through it, but that means that nothing will get uploaded to Amazon until at least Friday. And that's if I have internet at my new place. (Side note: Can you believe that more internet companies don't offer month to month purchasing? I mean, really, that would be brilliant instead of having me sign a contract. Not for them, I'm sure, but for me, that would help tons!)

Next weekend looks like a mess, too, but I promise to let you all know when I post the changes. Also, seventeen more days until my review post for Mine by Katy Evans. I'm about halfway through it right now, and I'm getting giggly just thinking about what I'm going to write for this thing. Be warned: this book is not for the fainthearted. But you'll just have to wait and find out what I really think about it. Don't worry, I'll be as graphic as possible.

Now, onto thing one. Only one thousand more things to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment