/

Friday, October 4, 2013

Three Groups And A Little Tangent

If you understand the reference in my title, I promise to love you forever.

Let's jump into it. I have stuff on my mind and I need to get it off as quickly as possible before I have another break down.

So, there's three main groups in the hierarchy of Heaven. I didn't want people to die and just loll around on clouds, strumming on harps. So I made Heaven into a second Earth of sorts, with shops and parks and houses and all that junk we're accustomed to. There's just no currency (not to mention night). But there is a government of sorts, with the twelve Archangels at the head. The various kings and queens of Earth that have ascended are given figurehead positions in different counties of Heaven. They have no real power, but are just the mouth of the Archangels.

I think that's the basic gist of it.

Now, the three groups. These are government groups, meaning they work directly for the government. The lowest is the Psychologists. These angels have the special ability to listen to humans' thoughts, to hear what they're not saying aloud. They use this ability to help the two other groups, for when they have a mission that involves a human. Most Psychologists venture onto Earth with one of the other groups, but then are sent directly back to Heaven because they have no further use once they hear the intended human. This does not apply for Drystan, who always remains in Heaven, because he can hear both humans and angels, and the Council considers him to be a precious commodity.

The second group would have to be the Warriors. These are the toughest angels Heaven has to offer, mostly made up of former soldiers. They're dispatched to Earth when a war is happening, so that they can fight alongside the humans and keep their world safe. Warriors are often sensitive about their position, because they understand that they are only the muscle, and angels look at them as such. Although there is no real leader among the Warriors, Gunnar's name comes up more than most, but only because he is such a versatile soldier.

The last group, and the most important, is the Guardians. They are not the stereotypical Guardian angel watching over one human assigned to them. Instead, Guardians are sent to Earth when the Council finds a human they see fit on keeping alive. When sent down, a Guardian must do all he or she can to keep that human alive through any situation and for any amount of time. There are levels to the Guardian hierarchy, a level ten the highest one can achieve. There has never been a level ten in history, and Amory is the closest to getting it.

So there's the basic idea of the hierarchy. These groups often come together to work, but that doesn't mean they get along. And it certainly doesn't mean that they enjoy their positions.

Now to the little tangent. I started planning my NaNo story last week, and the jerk clubbed me over the head and demanded that I start working on it right now! Of course I had to comply because my head is very sensitive. Really, it's a story that's been in my mind since last Halloween. My boyfriend and I went to Knotts Scary Farm last year and tried one of their new things called Trapped. It was amazing, and I went home with this story percolating in my brain, but it wouldn't come because it was too much like Trapped and nothing was going to be better than it. Skip to this year, when we went back to Knotts and tried their second attempt at Trapped. Let's just say that we left more pissed than scared. I hate theme parks that give you so much goodness for so long and then yank it out from underneath you without caring because they have your money, so tough luck! But it brought this story back to me, and my anger made it a thousand times more interesting, mainly because I kept thinking, I could totally make this better than that piece of crap Trapped. So. Here I am. 6,000 words into a story I was supposed to save for November and rapidly falling more and more in love with it as the word count grows.

I had a billion more words to say about theme parks, but now is not the time nor place. I'll save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment