/

Monday, October 21, 2013

Less Than Fifteen Hours!

Yep, you read that right. In less than fifteen hours, I'll be putting my book up on Amazon and it'll be out of my hair. I've read through it, I've made sense of it, I'm happy with it. I've spent so many months - years, really - on this story, so it'll be a relief to get it out of my hair. That's a terrible way to think of a book you wrote, but that's how it feels at the moment. Anyway, let's get this post on the road so I can get through all that I need to say before I sequester myself away for a few hours before work.

PS - I forgot how to count last week, so there's going to be four new characters today, even though one of them is a group and it shouldn't take more than two sentences to describe them.

Let's start off with Luciana. She started off as a total nothing character, a flirting post for Gunnar. But with every revision, she became a little something more. She's a palace maid for Donal Toussaint in Heaven, but she has ties to both Toussaint and Gloriana Wales. Although she is an angel, she is determined to fight for what she thinks is right, even if that means going against all of Heaven. She only appears once in this book, but she does play a strong role throughout, because she is a strong personality and she won't lay down until she gets what she wants.

If two of those names confused you, let's unconfuse you! Gloriana Wales is a queen of Hell, as she was a queen of a foreign land that does not exist anymore on Earth. Donal Toussaint is a king of Heaven, as he was a king of the same foreign land as Gloriana. Toussaint is a thorn in Amory's side, since he constantly tries to tear her down and convince the Council that she is not what they need. I wish I could tell you more about these characters, but I've already said too much!

The Council. Sigh. They started out with the best intentions, but then, somewhere along the line, they became absolute jerks. The Council, made up of the twelve Archangels, is the governing body of Heaven. They are the leaders that every angel looks to, the ones who make the decisions and hands them down to the kings and queens of the sectors so they can hand them down to their citizens. The Council makes all the rules and also knows all the secrets of Heaven. They are terrifying and sometimes unfair.

This was the hardest post I've ever written. These four characters have so many secrets that I can't reveal yet. Sorry! But I figured I'd at least introduce them because they play such a major part in my book, and I wanted you guys to have at least a basic understanding of who they are.

Is that it, then, Bree? Is that all you wanted to say?

Of course not. If you've read any of my posts, then you'd know this isn't it.

On November 14th, I have the lucky, lucky task of promoting Katy Evans' new books Mine and Remy. I think I may have mentioned before how much I adored Real, her first book, but if I haven't, now you know! It's not typically the type of book I read, but I devoured it in a day, sneaking in readings during work, too! So come back on November 14th for a fun post about these awesome books!

Speaking of November, it's right around the corner. My calendar is telling me that it's only eleven days away, and that means the beginning of National Novel Writing Month is eleven days away. We all saw how my last attempt at a story went (I'm nearly 25,000 words into it now, after days of working on my book). Well, thanks to whoever invented dreams (ha, I made a funny), I now have my story. The good news is that I know what it's about. The bad news is that I know nothing about the subjects I'm dealing with. But I can't let it go. You know when you have dreams and then wake up, and they're gone? But some stick with you? That's how it was with Amory's story, and that's how it is with Val's. Yeah, I have a name and characters and setting and reasons and all that. I just don't know if they make sense or why or what's going to happen. But that stuff totally doesn't matter, right?

Like I said, I have eleven days to figure that junk out. Here's hoping that I can finish Allegiant before I go to work tomorrow and then I'll have all the time in the world to find out as much as I can about my story.

Oh, yeah, and make sure to watch for my book on Amazon. All You Left Behind by Bree Garcia. Had to fit that in somewhere, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment