/

Friday, October 25, 2013

First Week...Done?

Not really. Thanks to my sharp-eyed boyfriend, there are plenty of mistakes that I passed over while editing. In my defense, I did this all myself and read this book eight times in a week, trying to find everything that I could. Yes, I'm an idiot and I apparently replace "he's" for "his", because I hold an English Literature degree. I was super discouraged for a few days, even thinking about just pulling the book down and never worrying about it again.

But that wouldn't be me.

Nope, instead, I'm going to fix the little mistakes as I go along. I'm hoping that everything will be updated by Tuesday or sometime next week, but I move on Halloween (because that's the most logical time to move, right?), so sorry if I don't exactly get to it on time. But I am trying. I've been fixing little things I've noticed here and there, and I don't want to keep updating it each time I find a mistake. So I'm going to read through it this weekend (YET A-FREAKING-GAIN) and make sure that everything makes sense. I'm beginning to feel incredibly jealous of famous authors, and not for the money and fame anymore. Nope, for the editors and team of people around them who get paid to check for mistakes. If only my cat could read, I'd be set.

Besides the book, other things have been rolling along. I've got the general idea of my next story up, and I think it makes sense. I'm going to bounce it off my boyfriend this weekend, see if I'm not a complete idiot, and then I'll start it for Nano. But this one is going to be different. I'm not worried about the 50,000 words or winning. I actually want to write this for real. It's a dream I had a few nights ago and it turned into something really interesting, but, like I said, I have to tell someone about it. Do you ever have dreams where you wake up and think, Holy crap, that was awesome! I need to share that with people! And then you do, and people are like, What.

Still, even if my boyfriend says it sounds dumb, I'm still writing it.

But then, hopefully by the New Year, I'll start the sequel to AYLB. I thought about doing it for Nano, but I don't know if I'm ready to go back to those characters yet. I'm not in that mind set right now, probably because it's Halloween and I'm moving and stress is beginning to way down on me. All of that combined works well for this story I want to write, but not so much for the sequel I want to write. I want to get this Nano story out and then I can concentrate on the sequel. Not that my Nano story will be ready by the New Year, but at least it'll be written down and then I can take a break before editing.

I work so strangely. No wonder my works are riddled with mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment