/

Monday, November 4, 2013

Internet Exile is Over!

Okay, it wasn't exactly exile, but it sure felt like it. Did I say that moving sucked? Because it does. And more! I had to turn off my internet service at my old apartment last Wednesday, and so I've been surviving off my 4G phone since then. I thought I'd have internet on Friday, but that was when I thought I'd be moved in before nine in the morning and have a few minutes before we went off to the Oval Nationals. The best laid plans, right? But the super nice guy from Time Warner came out today and set it all up, and I'm proud to say that I set up my wireless all by myself! (Well, with a little help from my boyfriend and YouTube) I should have written this earlier, but I may have been a tad overexcited at having internet again and went nuts until I had to leave for work. Better late than never!

NaNo started on Friday! I'd love to say that I have my plot all laid out and that my characters are behaving wonderfully. I'm only about 6,000 words into it, and I'm kind of proud to say that I have no idea what I'm doing. This story is kind of a mess, but a beautiful one. I have an idea of where I'd like to go, and the bits and pieces are there, but I really have no clue on how to meat it out. And isn't that the point of NaNo, really? To get something down and make it to 50,000 words? This is the first year that I didn't spend hours on my plot holes, my characters' personalities, the fabulous settings. I'm completely winging it this year, with only the barest outline to go by. It's kind of terrifying, kind of exciting, and kind of awesome. I'm really feeling like a true NaNo-er right now, and it's about time, too!

Ah. Obviously, with all this moving and no internet nonsense, that means AYLB has not been updated. Yes, I'm a terrible book parent, but I'm getting there! Let me enjoy the silence of my new apartment and the fact that I can do whatever I please here. That means I can watch stupid dramas at high volumes without the worry of being judged by anyone. Like I worried about that before, really.  But now I get to laugh and cry with the rest of the characters and not have my dad look at my like I've gone insane.

But I do have some more writing to get done, so I better hop to it. I started late this year, because moving takes a lot out of a person. So I have to catch up and get ahead, so that I can do what I do every year: take a few days off and not have to worry about making the quota (especially around the 22nd and 23rd...Really, who decided that Catching Fire and Doctor Who should happen on the same weekend?). I'll put a new and improved NaNo writing bar up in the next few days, and I'd love to hear about anyone else doing NaNo, too! NaNo buddies!

And not the ones that I already have, because they don't talk to me. Rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment