/

Monday, February 9, 2015

Wishing and Hoping

You know, I have never once been in a situation where I thought, "Be careful what you wish for." Every time I wish for something - and eventually get it - it's always turned out rather lovely. But then I made the mistake of wishing to live in a house. Nope, condos and apartments weren't good enough for me. I wanted a house with a yard and rooms to display all my nerd stuff and a huge bookshelf for my books and a garage for cars and storage.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

We spent all day Saturday cleaning on the garage. Well, I say "we," but really, I mean my boyfriend. He did all the heavy lifting and the organizing; I was just there for moral support and to pick up boxes every now and again and to pretend like his basketball was a soccer ball and to go on little rides on my lovely bicycle. Still. It was hard work. By the time we were done, all we had energy for was pizza and sleeping. Then Sunday was a mess because we were both sore and tired, and I had to go grocery shopping, and there are about a thousand and one more things that we need to do that we didn't do, and then...I read for the rest of the day.

Oh, Bree, so good, did you read about Amory?

Oh, no. No, I did not.

You can't see me, but I'm wagging my finger at you. Not because you're in trouble, but because wait. Just because I didn't get to Amory doesn't mean I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING this weekend. I still woke up early on Saturday and managed to get some writing done. I even have the book open right now and it's just sitting there, waiting for me to finish this thing. Well, and after I sneak around on the internet for a little while.

Even though the next four weekends are kind of crazy (and we still have those thousand and one things to do that I mentioned above), I'm starting to fall back into my normal routine of writing in the mornings, so that's a good thing. I told you things would turn around once my computer desk found a home. Now I just have to create a better office space for me so I'm not going insane while writing. I'm already trying my best to focus on the computer screen and not look around because this room is still a mess, and I want so bad to do so many adorable things to it. Maybe I'll turn into a home redecorating blog for one day once I finish. Then we can all pretend like there's a purpose to this rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment