/

Friday, February 27, 2015

Plans! Decisions! Beds!

You know what, Sears? Maybe if you didn't sell such comfortable beds, I would be able to do something with my life.

Yes, we bought a new bed last weekend, and it's so beautiful. If I could move somewhere new, it would be this bed. I would cook here, work here, do everything here. But society frowns about that behavior, so I have to be a regular human being and do stuff sometimes that isn't on this bed. It's absolutely terrible.

But this whole post today isn't about my wonderful, beautiful, perfect bed. Nope, today is about the fact that I actually made a plan this week and followed through. I know, two decisions in a row! I'm almost like a real adult! Anyway, I went through on all the stories on my laptop this week. I had more than a dozen of them, and some were double files. I know, even in my computer life, I'm a mess. So, after deleting the ones that were doubles or the ones that made no sense, I put the keepers in one file, changed them to PDFs, and saved them to Dropbox and Google Drive. Why did I embark on this seemingly pointless endeavor? I'm glad you asked! Now I can access my writing from my laptop, my phone, my Kindle, anywhere, really. The reason for this is that, sometimes, I have ideas for a story I wrote a year ago. I can't really remember what it's about, and I'm at work or shopping or something else when I have this idea. Now I can pull it up on my phone and read through it to see if my idea will work or not.

It's kind of lovely, I have to admit.

Also, being the absolute narcissist that I am, I love to read my writing. Some of the stories are ridiculous, of course, because I started them years ago and I obviously just threw it all together. But I kept all the stories that I felt like I wanted to keep going on, the ones that I felt had the most potential. Some are YA, some are actual adult-like, and others are...strange. But I love them all. And I'm excited to develop them further.

But I have to finish this one I'm working on before I can touch any of those, I know that. I have an ending in mind, but while driving to work the other day, I suddenly thought, Oh, that sounds an awful lot like the ending to Harry Potter. So. Hm. That could be a problem. But, at the same time, it doesn't sound like Harry Potter, and I'm hoping that when I write it out, it's different. My plan is to finish it up this weekend, and since I've been on such roll lately with plans, I hope it's going to pan out. The house is going to be semi-quiet this weekend, so I should be able to accomplish my goal without problem.

Oh, right, I also have half a dozen books waiting for me on my Kindle and more than that on my bookshelf.

I'll be back Monday and let you all know how I did. Also, my first book review (sort of) goes up Monday, and it's Consumption by Heather Herrman. I had to put it aside for awhile because my file was missing a chapter, but...

Well, I guess that'll have to wait for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment