/

Friday, February 13, 2015

Stuffy Noses Are Best For Writing

You know what I love most in the entire world? Allergies. The way your nose just plugs up so beautifully that when you try to lay on your back to sleep, you choke a little because you can't breathe. I love the way my eyes itch at every possible moment and the fact that I still wear mascara during these times. I love using an entire box of Kleenex in a space of a few minutes.

Yeah, being positive about allergies isn't helping.

I hate allergies. They are the worst. Especially when they interfere with all the things you want to do. The weather here in gorgeous Southern California is a total mess. One day it looks like it's going to rain and then we wake up to the next morning where it promises to be in the low 90s. Gross, hot, dry wind blows. I'm sweating at some points, but still in jeans because of the stupid wind. And work. Because I'm not wearing anything nice around those crazy children. Anyway, the weather is stupid here and my allergies have been coordinating with it.

Still, I have pushed through and now have a very sketchy outline for my story. That sounds weird considering I have about 64,000 words down, but after reading it through once and adding things, I had a ton of questions. Instead of sitting on those questions for months, I figured it would be in my best interest to answer them quickly if I wanted to get going on this thing, and that's what I did. Now I have a list of questions (and their answers) written in a notebook that I have to apply to the story. I also have to write an ending, but I figured it would be best left until, surprisingly, the end. When I conceived this story for NaNo, it had a real ending, but it was more underwear gnomes stuff. Girl finds problem, {BIG BLANK SPACE}, girl saves the day. So I guess I'm going to have to figure that one out.

Since I have a three day weekend coming up, I figured I would do some writing and reading around the housework that is inevitably to come. What that translates to is that I'm hoping to get to Amory. I guess I keep pushing her into the background because this story I'm working on is so fun and interesting, and even though there are magical elements to it, it's fun to write a story about a "normal" girl for once. I can let her gasp and bleed and faint and do all that normal human-y stuff. That's the hardest part write about an angel: she comes across as so freaking stoic because I can't make her do any of the junk I mentioned above. So, right now, I'm having a good time hanging out with a real human girl.

But now back to my book and the dog, because we both want to procrastinate a little more before we're forced to get up. Well, not so much the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment