/

Friday, February 6, 2015

Desk! Desk! Desk!

Guess where I'm writing from?




Yay for my crappy little IKEA desk! Okay, ignore the litter box next to it and the completely empty walls. I just finished moving and emptying boxes yesterday. I couldn't even wait to set up the room before I plunked my laptop on my desk and started writing. It's amazing how such a little thing makes me so excited that all I want to do is write because of this flimsy white thing. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

But now to the real reason for this blog!

As I mentioned above, I did start writing yesterday. While at work (yes, I write whenever I have the chance), I realized that I have some glaring plot holes and that some parts of my story make no sense. That's okay, though, because, like I said, it was a NaNo effort. Most of the time, I have no idea where my NaNo stories are going and I just write to see what's going to happen. So, since I had some downtime, I decided to think some of the problems over. What I did was fill up a piece of paper with questions and answers, and I think I may have solved a lot. I'm going to have to rewrite large chunks of this novel, and that's okay. I have the structure down now and I know where I'm going. Right now, it's going to be a lot of writing and inserting, rewriting and reinserting. Then I'm going to have to learn how to sew to make sure that it all goes together seamlessly.

Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Besides that, I'm going to finish reading a book today and then (this house willing) I'm going to get back to Amory this weekend. We still have a lot to do on the house, but now that my boyfriend isn't dying and our dog can be on his own a bit more, I'll hopefully have some time to myself. I figure if I can get through a few chapters a day, I'll be okay. Of course, I know I'm going to start reading it and then cry because it's so terrible and then want to rewrite the whole thing and then spiral into some kind of existential crisis about not wanting to be a writer.

That's the best case scenario!

Really, this is all so I can have fodder for my blog. I don't want to have to turn this thing into a home makeover blog. Really, I don't, because the home makeover is really just unpacking boxes and trying to shove a random stuffed Dug in the most out of the way place. Don't believe me?



Best 1000 points I've ever spent at Disney Movie Rewards. It even talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment