/

Friday, February 20, 2015

A New Blog

Well, I promised some big changes, and one is already up: the new blog title! As I started signing up for book reviews, I realized that my blog title was a little...odd. Sure, if this was just about writing and me, that would be fine. Which it was. For awhile. But now...

When I started this thing, I had two options: it could either be about my journey of writing, or it could be about book reviews. I chose writing because, honestly, setting up a book review blog sounded incredibly difficult. There was a lot of junk to go with it all, and, at the time, I did not have the energy to do everything. Then, as I became more comfortable with blogging, I realized that I could add some book reviews every now and again. About two months ago, I thought about starting an entirely separate book review blog. But then I had to wonder; would I be able to handle two blogs, when one blog was already suffering? So that's one reason why my posts were few and far between for awhile. I was moving and I had a lot on my mind, and I was also wondering if I wanted to continue with this thing.

Then, about a week ago, I had the brilliant idea of making this a two for one deal. Since my writing has taken a backseat while I get the house and the rest of my life in order, I thought why not add some more book reviews while occasionally updating about my writing progress, whenever that happens? It made sense, and it sounded really fun. It still does.

But then I realized that this blog is way overdue for a face lift. I tried to keep it simple so that I would love the set-up for a LONG time. Yes, I'm lazy like that. I still love this set-up because it's pretty and it's simple, but now I think it's time for a change. I have ideas in mind (OF COURSE), so I just have to learn how to get what I want on the page. I'm not exactly tech-savvy, but I can read directions well and follow them. So, for the next few weeks, this page is going to be undergoing some serious renovations. I'm only saying this because I'm sure there's going to be some confusing things around here and I don't want anyone to think I'm insane. Well, more insane than usual.

That's it for now. The writing has been postponed, but I did get some done last weekend. I didn't post on Monday because that was a holiday for me (Dead White Men Holiday), but that was the only one this month. I'm back to Monday and Friday, and maybe a Wednesday. I haven't really finalized the schedule, so we shall see. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment