/

Monday, February 2, 2015

A Weekend From Hell

Wow, if it's not one thing, it's another. Friday was shaping up to be a great day: I didn't have to work, no one was going to be home to bother me while I moved things, and I had a strategy set up for getting the most done in a short amount of time. So, like all my best laid plans, pretty much none of that came to fruition. Not only do I still have a dog with a recovering leg, but then my boyfriend became so sick that we spent a few hours at the hospital. He's better now, but it was a careful dance trying to move things, take care of him and the dog, and not injure myself.

Still, I made some headway on things. Two of the bedrooms are done (or 95%, at least), and the third room (my cat's room) doesn't look like a bomb hit it. Much. Our books are alphabetized and on the shelf. The DVDs weren't so lucky because I found a huge spider over on that side of the bookcase, and there's no way that I'm going back until said spider comes out and tells me it's cool, he won't scare me anymore.

I guess the DVDs are never getting done.

One surprising thing that came out of this weekend is that my desire to getting back to writing has returned. Between moving three mattresses, I found myself thinking about Amory and my other story. While we all know that Amory is getting pushed back, this other story could be finished by the end of the month. I said that it started off as a NaNo story, and usually most of my NaNo stories end halfway through and then I abandon them because my word count is way more than 50,000, and that's the point, right?

Sigh.

But this one I actually made to the semi-ending. For the last few months, I've been reading through it and making some changes, adding some things that I didn't or just discovered that I wanted to. All I really have to do is write the ending and then I can edit it a second time. I don't know what it is about this story, but it's stuck in my head for almost two years now. I'm hesitant to say what it's about, because it was one thing at the beginning of NaNo, another at the end, and still another now. It has the same premise as when I first thought of it, but then twists happened that even I didn't see coming, but I liked them. So I'm going to ride it out. See what I can do with it. See if anything comes out of it. Fingers crossed!

I'm hoping to get back to it sometime this week, and hopefully I'll have an actual writing update on Friday. I might even clear off my desk and ignore the several boxes piled up in my cat's room so I can write on there, We'll see. That might be too much to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment