/

Friday, March 14, 2014

The Pieces Are Coming Together (Wait For It...)

I guess I should start this off with saying that I think I might have a few new readers, and even though they might be my family, I figured, why not? So....



I know what you're saying. Bree, we don't care about your family. We only care about what you've written! Well, number one: rude! And number two, I've gotten along quite nicely, thank you! Sure, I thought about quitting this story until the summer and starting another one. Sure, my writing tempo from last year tells me that I should have about 13,000 words more than what I have. But, really, I've done exceptionally well under the circumstances. Okay, okay, I had a concert last night and then spent the other days cleaning up the allergic mess that is my apartment. But really. Those were dire circumstances.

Please. I more than made up for it tonight.

Usually after work, I'll come home and read or watching TV or work on this damn puzzle that has no end in sight. Seriously. I'm not kidding.


Look at that mess. And for someone who does not do well with neither messes nor unfinished business, it's been driving me insane (and, why, yes, that is a Gone With the Wind poster behind the puzzles pieces. Why, yes, I've lived in my apartment for about four months, why do you ask?). 

But back to the point! I wrote about 2,500 words tonight, which is way more than I was expecting. I wanted to finish a certain scene, but then I got on a roll and went in for another half. Yes, I break my scenes up and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but my fingers begin to hurt all the time (I blame it on working at See's Candies for three years and packing all those little chocolates into their little cups). But since I'm writing this in the past (Thursday night), I'll have all of Friday morning to do some more writing. As long as I finish The Stand before tomorrow morning. Because I've been reading that damn book since October and my soul begins to die a little if I don't finish a book within a week. But I have a little more than a hundred pages left, and I can do this!

But, for now, I'm going to waste some time on that puzzle because I can see the stupid picture out of the corner of my eye and it's driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment