/

Monday, March 3, 2014

April Is Coming Up!

Last year, I started keeping one of those journal calendars on cut up notecards. That sounds ridiculous. Okay, I started one of these:


Not only is it super cute, but it's kind of fun when I turn to the next day and see what I did last year. What's even more fun is when I see the word count I was at last year at this time and realize that I'm about 5,000 words over that right now. It makes me feel better when I don't write for an entire weekend or when I work on another story inside my head (I'm not very monogamous when it comes to my writing). Sure, it may worry me when I look a few days ahead and see that last year I was at 33,000 words on the 8th, but I have confidence in myself.

The fun part of it being March, though, is that April is just around the corner, and that means Camp Nano. I thought that I was going to do double duty, but I may put that story off until the July session. I actually want to work on it through April, but only to map it out. This story seems like a lot of little details, and I want to get it just right. But I'm still going to help my boyfriend with his script idea, because it's beautiful. Not only do I get to help him, but I get to boss him around for the rest of this month. I very rarely boss anyone around, so it's rather fun to tell him to get working or to think about his characters or to get a plot straightened out. He's really stressed at his job (because his job is ridiculous), and I know he'll have a good time working on this story. He's so creative and smart and I'm gushing because I'm mad about him. So not only am I excited about working with him, but I'm also excited about getting that other story going. I'll write more about it when it actually takes a shape and makes a bit more sense in my head.

You know what feels a little weird? With all the blogs I've gone to today, I feel like I should talk about the Oscars. Everyone else has been. They're talking about the dresses, the guys, the songs, the awards. But I didn't watch the Oscars. They kind of creep me out. When I heard Jared Leto won an award, the only thing that I could think was, Oh, good, Angela Chase is going to be so proud of him. I don't care who won an award for being okay in some movie I didn't see. And there's some people in this world that take this show a little too seriously, and they have permanently turned me off from the Oscars. And the Golden Globes. And the Grammys. And every other award show there is.

I wish I could say that I'm about to go work on my story. But right now, all I want is Cream of Wheat, my puzzle, and The Office. Luckily, I have nothing to do tonight, so Amory is going to be my main focus for about four hours. Maybe two if the puzzle calls for me. Because, apparently, I'm ten years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment