/

Monday, March 24, 2014

A Weekend of Progress!

I tried to write this weekend, I really did, but things were crazy and we were busy and the cat demanded my attention and then an alien ship came down from nowhere and little green men tried to take over the world and it was just a mess.

That's what I would have said if I hadn't written anything this weekend. But I managed to get a chapter done (leaving me with two!) and added a few things to other chapters. Yes, I know I said I wouldn't worry about those little things that I wanted to add on, but there were some things that I knew I had to get done before they disappeared from my mind. But I made sure to finish that one chapter (and a half, really) before I went back and added anything. This is going to be an interesting read-through. I have no idea what makes sense and what doesn't, so this is a true first draft. Oy. This may just take until November again.

Did you know that there's only seven days, 14 hours, 14 minutes, and about 28 seconds left in March? Yes, I'm staring at my little handy-dandy clock in the corner of my computer. But there's a point to sharing that information with everyone. Once those seven days are up, that means it's going to be April. That means it's going to be time for Camp Nanowrimo. I'm hoping that I'll be working on one certain project with a certain someone (hint hint, certain reader!), but I also signed up for my other story that I thought I'd wait for the summer to write. Not like I want to write the whole thing this month, though. It'll be nice to get started, to see if there's something there. 20,000 words seems like a good enough start to see if it's something I want to continue with, and then I can either take a little break or continue working on it through the editing process. We'll see how April goes, I guess.

Well, since it's almost ten, I suppose I should try and do something productive with my day. Okay, so I've done my laundry and made some Cream of Wheat (and watched Once Upon a Time and The Vampire Diaries, but, really, that's just bragging), but I mean truly productive. I should start writing, because I have seven days to finish two chapters. If I start getting arrogant about it, I'm not going to get around to them until next week and then it'll be a stressful mess. But, you know, there's also a puzzle to be done and a bed to be made and Korean dramas to watch.

Sigh. Why aren't there more hours in the day for me to be completely lazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment