/

Friday, January 10, 2014

Writing, Writing, Writing

Oh, man, is it just me or are there not enough hours in the day? Sure, most of this week's hours have been spent sleeping or wrapping myself in my TARDIS blanket and thinking, This will surely make me feel better. But I'm almost completely over this annoying cold now, so I'm hoping that next week can take on a more normal schedule. And then I just get to screw that all up by moving again! Yay!

I guess I should just dive right in then, right?

Okay, first things first. After planning the sale and my schedule for the upcoming week, I read the small print on Amazon and found that I can really only have one sale right now. At first, discouragement raged inside me, but then I realized what a good thing that is. Now I can properly plan a sale, and not just throw one up whenever I feel like it. While I was very excited to have this sale, I know that I'll be even more excited next month for this sale. Planning things get my blood pumping. I'm a dork like that.

Second! I'm writing again, but it might not be the story I want to concentrate on. But I figure that it's nice that I'm writing. I have been working on the sequel for Amory and her friends, but this other story...is kind of wrapped up in my life. There's so much involved in this story that I could just give up my job and dedicate my entire life to writing it. But it's also one of those stories that I can shelf and work on other things. Writing a sequel is hard, though. Not just keeping everything straight and wondering which questions to answer, which to lengthen out some more, but getting back into the voice of these characters I've been effectively ignoring for some time. Of course, like all good stories, I find my inspiration at the most random times, like when I'm driving or at a concert or wherever I am without easy access to a phone or notebook or even just a pen. I wish I was like Sherlock and had a mind palace (which I've heard I could have, but it sounds rather involved and difficult), but I don't, so I have to make due with whatever space my brain has.

Also, you know, maybe people should stop writing books so I can work on mine. It's really rude of other people to push their amazing words on me when I should be sitting in front of my computer. Also, websites. Super annoying. Still, I've nailed down a schedule for writing and I'm going to stick with it. I'm hoping for the same kind of schedule as last year, and maybe I'll be ready for editing by May, maybe even earlier. That's if I can sit down and write, not be enticed by the wonders of the internet.

Oh, and Supernatural. A girl could get lost for hours in Supernatural.

No comments:

Post a Comment