/

Monday, January 27, 2014

Writing Through the Stress

Can I have a moment?

I think I've done pretty well keeping my "real" life separate from my "writing" life on this blog (trust me, you would not want me to talk about what I really think about my job or the people I work for). But, just for a second, I'd like to complain. Take note, those people who are moving into an apartment or thinking about it. Just a little warning for what you might come against.

Two weeks ago, when I made the decision to stay at my apartment, I went to the leasing office to tell them that I wanted to sign a new lease and stay for another nine months. They said great, we'll call you in a few days to sign the lease. Great. That was taken care of. Except...it wasn't. They didn't contact me for an entire week, and when I went back in there to talk to them, they told me that they hadn't done anything to my lease. Then, yesterday, the girl from the office calls me and says that she'll send a copy of my lease to my dad (because, like all good, college educated 30-somethings, my dad had to co-sign on my lease). He prints it out, signs it, sends it back. Easy peasy. Except the front office apparently doesn't understand how to send PDF emails, because all we got was a link to a search engine telling us that the file could not be found. Well, no prob, just fix it and send another one, right?

Oh, wait, Bree, you wanted us to send that fixed link yesterday? Well, 10:15 a.m. on a Monday is the same thing, right?

Siiiiiiiigh.

Needless to say, I'm a bit frazzled right now.

Luckily, this all started on Sunday, so Saturday night was stress-free and I was able to write out a few scenes. I'm not entirely sure where they're going to go at this moment, but I wrote and there they are. That makes me sound so defeated. I'm not! Stress ruins everything for me, I swear. It invades every aspect of my life until I'm about to pop. But that's why I write sometimes. It takes all that stress away from me. I feel like that's what I should be doing right now, because writing always clears my mind of everything that I don't need. But then Twitter is all, hey, Bree, did you see the new Doctor's outfit? You should totally check it out, along with half a bajillion other things!

And, really, who am I to argue with Twitter?

But since I'm already prepared for the day (thanks to my impeccable schedule management, right? No, it's because I was ready to go kick some butt in the leasing office, and, for right now, I don't have to), I may see what I can do with the time I have. Maybe I can use this stress and anger to write a war scene. Is there a war scene in my book? There is now!

But, seriously, I won't ignore Twitter because, well...have you seen Capaldi's outfit? It's fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment