/

Monday, December 16, 2013

In Honor of Jane Austen...

"How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!"

Man, did Jane Austen hit it on the head or what? So while I should have spent my entire day reading Pride and Prejudice (my absolutely favorite book since I was about ten) and watching Pride and Prejudice (either Darcy will do), I spent my morning making cookies and then trying to get over the diabetes I contracted from making said cookies. Well, I thought, I guess I'll just have to watch/read at home tonight! Sure, but that was before I got a flat tire on my way to work. Siiiiigh. Preparation, Jane, don't I know it.

So now I'm sitting here, writing this because I should have done it earlier, and eating my ultimate comfort food, SpongeBob mac and cheese. It's weird how SpongeBob makes this dish even better. And now I have to prepare myself for tomorrow morning, because I hate going alone to do anything with my car. I hate the fact that the guys at auto stores look at me and think, Oh, easy target. No, I do not want an oil change, because the sticker in the corner of my windshield tells me I still have a thousand miles. No, I don't want four tires when one will do. No, I would not like to purchase that eight thousand dollar package because, well, why? But they still push it on me, like one day I'm just going to lose my brain and say, yeah, what the hell, why not? Not going to happen, people.

Sure, this may be distracting all you readers from the real point: how far did I get on reading my story? The answer to that would be...not far at all. But it's not really my fault. My boyfriend wanted to get a Christmas tree for his place and then we spent most of the weekend decorating his condo, so I'm blaming this all on Santa Claus. If he didn't need such a pretty place to drop into, then I could have spent all weekend reading. Not a good enough excuse? I know, but it's all I've got. I have fifty more pages of The Crown of Embers, and then I can move on. Hopefully tonight. Because it's Monday night, and that means it's one more step until Friday.

But reading these fantasy series is getting me excited to start on my own. My fingers are twitching excitedly just thinking about the trouble my characters are going to get into. I guess that makes reading all these books okay, right? It better, because I still have four on hold at the library, and I know that they'll all come in at the same time. Because that is my lot in life, to have inconveniences like that. Not terrible, but just enough to distract me from what I should be doing.

Like right now. Windows Media Player just randomly popped up and started playing Pride and Prejudice. I guess that means I have to watch it now. Oh wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment