/

Monday, December 23, 2013

I'm a Slacker...

I'm incredibly aware that it's Monday and it's been an entire week since my last post. I was planning on writing one on Thursday since we were going to be busy all weekend, but that didn't work out because I left my computer at home. Then the weekend took a turn for the craptastic and, well, I didn't feel much like doing anything.

Especially not Christmas shopping, but that's what I did yesterday. After the adventure I had yesterday, all I can say is that I truly miss having a Tower Records near me. I had to go to three different record stores to look for a record my boyfriend wants. None of them had that record. What's that? I could have called? Oh, ye of little faith. Yes, I did call (because I am my mother's daughter and I could feel her pride when I started dialing), and it would have been wonderful if any of them picked up! Well, change that. One did pick up, but that's because it's in Pomona and they're awesome. I think my favorite experience of the day was walking into a punk store and asking for a metal record. Pat on the back for both me and the cashier for keeping a straight face! So I settled with two small things which I'm not entirely happy about, but it's the thought that counts, right?

And just because I spent my day running around Orange County does not mean that I didn't spend some time on myself. I'm about 60% done rereading my book, and goodness, am I glad no one has bought it. Oh, god, that sounds so sad, but really. I've found so many little mistakes and sentences that I thought I had deleted in the last go-around, but I guess not. So I'm hopefully going to finish it up today (why is it reading/editing your own novel takes about a thousand years more than reading a regular book?) and then get started on writing the sequel tomorrow or on Christmas. We'll see. Depends on how much time I have between the Sherlock minisode and crying my eyes out because Matt Smith is leaving in two days. But I do have a surprise in store for later this week, so hopefully I can get my butt in gear and get it off the ground.

What is it about Christmas that makes people go insane? Was that out of left field? Sorry. I stepped away for a few minutes and remembered that I was in the middle of cleaning on my closet and hallway storage. There's DVD cases, CD cases, clothing, notebooks, bedding, and toys littering my tiny walkway to the bathroom. I woke up today with a purpose, and I thought that I would have that purpose completed in time for lunch, but I guess I started doing other things and kind of forgot. Maybe I'll have this all done in time so I can sit down on the couch for about seven hours and watch Christmas movies. I've already made it through a good chunk of what I set out (Charlie Brown, Bridget Jones, White ChristmasHow the Grinch Stole Christmas - both the cartoon and the life action), and now all I have left is Elf, A Christmas Story, and It's a Wonderful Life. Although, I've been rather emotional the past few days, so I'm saving Jimmy Stewart until the last second. I wish you could lose a ton of weight by crying. I'd be super skinny by the time New Year's rolled around!

I should probably go finish one task that I set for the day. It'll take me an hour just to decide which one.

No comments:

Post a Comment