/

Friday, December 27, 2013

Blogging Is The Perfect Way to Procrastinate

I'm sitting in my boyfriend's kitchen right now, staring at all the trash that has accumulated from wrapping/unwrapping Christmas presents and the shiny new IKEA TV stand that he bought yesterday. I'm also thinking that the disorganization is beginning to drive me insane, but instead of actually doing something about that, I'm blogging! Wrapping paper and bows all over the kitchen table? Target bags on the counters? IKEA boxes scattered all around the front living area? Please, I have to blog about nothing! Really, though, I have my priorities in order.

I guess that's my way of saying that this might be a quick post, because I could blow up this entire condo in two seconds.

Anyway, the big surprise that I was hinting at last post is...really not as exciting as I think it is. Next week, in honor of the new year and the fact that I'm actually going to begin writing, All You Left Behind is going to be on sale for a whole seven days! I'm not entirely sure of all the details, mainly because I haven't really started the process yet. Premature excitement, I know. But this is something that I've been wanting to do for a few weeks now, and it just sounds better if there's a holiday or some reason for it. Also, it helps me remember that I have to put it on sale. The moment that I hammer out the details, you all will be the first to know. Promise (insert Benedict Cumberbatch wink here).

Maybe you picked up the hidden message in all that mess: I have not began writing yet. This week got a little busier than I expected. Well, and for the first two days of my vacation, I refused to get off the couch and stop watching Doctor Who. I think even my Netflix was done with me. But I finished editing and threw it up on Amazon, so that's something. It also helped me answer some questions before writing and helped me remember some things that I shouldn't leave out in the second book. I have no idea how authors with big universes keep everything straight. I applaud them.

Okay, the trash is getting to me. I can see a soda can in my peripheral that is just begging me to stop being lazy and start doing something constructive. Check back this weekend. I should have the sale details up by Sunday, at the latest. Or maybe I'll just post it on Twitter. Good lord. If I haven't infected the people who read this with indecisiveness by now, you're all immune. Congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment