/

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Program

Not really, right? Yes, I'm completely aware it's not Monday, but I didn't have my computer yesterday because I'm such a good girlfriend and let my boyfriend borrow it. And then I was too lazy to go pick it up in the morning. Oh wells. I got Starbucks out of the deal, so it can't be all bad! I could have used either app on my phone or my Kindle, but do you realize how hard it is to type on those things? Especially since my phone doesn't autocorrect and sometimes I can be quite lazy on that thing. I'll take a picture of one of my texts before I read it over. It's a mess. And, for reasons I can't understand, I can't type on my Kindle. I peck away at it and the words aren't even words. I don't even know with my typing skills sometimes.

But I did need a day to really contemplate what I did over the holidays. Sure, I did absolutely nothing (on Thanksgiving, I don't think I even got out of pajamas), but it was nice to go through my emails to see what exactly I bought on Friday. I didn't go quite as nuts as I thought I did. I ended up with about six new books (which I'm dying to try to read all at once) and one movie (The Wizard of Oz was only $3.96!). So life is good. I think I spent under $30, and that is wonderful. We also went to the aquarium, because I am six years old, and Knott's Berry Farm, where we found the best soaps and lotions ever (http://www.misskittygirl.com/ in case anyone is interested, which you should be!).

Okay, now that my commercial is over, I can move on to much more important things, such as trying to get my stupid book file onto my stupid Kindle. Sigh. Sometimes I can't believe that I can turn on my computer and open this browser to write these newfangled things. But hopefully I can get that thing on my Kindle before I leave for work, and then I can get started on reading and remembering just what I wrote. I hear that's pretty important for writing a sequel. But now, of course, I've been having a butt ton of ideas for another story, and then I thought last night, hey, we should go back to the NaNo story and really fix that piece of junk up! Oh, sure, brain, I'll do all that and write a sequel. My brain really thinks highly of me, which I appreciate sometimes. But not right now. Because right now, I'd like to concentrate on one thing only. It's just so difficult.

But my life isn't filled with just books. Well, yes, it is, but not in December! December means Christmas and decorations and cookies and more vacation. But that also means I have to go shopping for Christmas decorations, and that's always a bit of a hassle. Especially when I hate going to any stores after Thanksgiving. People get a little nuts at shopping, but it's the price we pay for making our houses smell like pine and cranberries and fake snow. And you get to be melodramatic without any judgement. Isn't Christmas wonderful?

I guess I should offer a warning for the next few weeks: this blog is going to get a little random (as if it's not already) and perhaps boring. It's the lull between writing, so maybe I'll throw up some reviews of the thousand and one books I've read in the last few months. I'll also keep you all up to date about the mistakes I made in All You Left Behind, because that could be fun. If I haven't strangled the book to oblivion.

No comments:

Post a Comment