/

Friday, December 13, 2013

Books...Books Everywhere!

While I thought that buying a thousand books on Black Friday and placing a million holds at my library was a fabulous idea, the reality of it is...Well, wait, it's still fabulous, because I have all these books surrounding me right now that I get to read. But I can see them all judging me right now, telling me that I have things to do, that I should be reading my own book, because I've given myself until next Friday to get it done so I can start writing my sequel. Rationally, I know that I can set the books I own aside, because they will still be there tomorrow. Additionally, I also know that I have three weeks to read my library books and it usually takes me a day or two to read them. But...I mean...come on. I have to stare at that pile of books and act like I don't want to read them? They look so sad when I tell them, Well, guys, sorry, but I have to read my own book that I've read a thousand times and still managed to screw up the editing , and besides, I have to write a sequel and...Whoa, wait, why are you crying? I'll get to you, I promise.

Yes, that really is how my conversation goes with my books.

According to my Kindle, I'm about 14% done with AYLB, and that's been a week-long process. I just...I can't sometimes. I really do love my book (and that's not some shameless ploy to get you people to buy it), but my eyes wander easily. What's that, The Crown of Embers? You think I need to know how Elisa deals with the underground village? What, The Lullaby? I really need to understand where Remy is coming from? These books makes compelling arguments.

No. I have seven days. I'll get through it. Then I can go nuts on all the books I want for nearly two weeks. Just sit my boyfriend down in front of some video games and I'll dive into different worlds and forget that I have another book to write.

Besides books and writing, I still have to get a Christmas tree. I never understood those people who could get their Christmas decorations up the day after Thanksgiving. I like to give holidays breathing room, and I think that Thanksgiving gets overshadowed sometimes. Especially since we have Black Friday and Christmas seems to be the ultimate American holiday, what with the consumerism and fighting people for a $10 waffle iron. So I like to give Thanksgiving a few extra days to just be Thanksgiving, which means I don't even have to think about Christmas until...well, until about now. I've set up a few lights and everything, but it's the tree that's a thorn in my side. While I only wanted a two footer, so I could put it on my little bar and see it every time I make breakfast, lunch, or dinner, none of the farms around here sell trees that small. And I refuse to get an artificial tree because I like the smell of dying tree (I'm kidding!). So now my boyfriend has been kind enough to offer himself as help, because it looks like I'm going to have to get an actual tree. This should be interesting.

Also, and this isn't set in stone or anything, I may increase these blog posts Christmas week, because that's when I'm planning on starting writing the sequel to AYLB (in case you haven't heard that enough). I think that by updating constantly, it'll help me stay on task and stay excited. Also, I like to share my victories with people so they can be super jealous. Hey, as long as I get ten words a day, I consider that a victory. So if there's more activity here and on my Twitter that week, don't think I've gone insane. Well, no, do think that, because I most likely have, but, you know. Just a warning, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment