/

Monday, April 27, 2015

Fury by Steven James

You know what sucks? Life. And not in the depressing way. More in the it always gets in the way way. All I wanted to do this weekend was read, but no. Something had to be cleaned/moved/watched/enjoyed. Then Sunday rolled around and I knew that we had nothing to do, but then, of course, allergies struck. Really. So I didn't finish Fury until this morning, but once I started, I couldn't put it down.

The disturbing visions that helped Daniel Byers solve a deadly mystery have finally quieted, and the sixteen-year-old basketball star is looking forward to things settling back to normal. But when his father mysteriously disappears, Daniel realizes that the key to finding his dad rests in deciphering his chilling hallucinations.

Soon, long-buried secrets begin to surface, revealing clues that could help him locate his father. But as the past collides with the present and reality begins to blur around him, Daniel faces a race against time to save his dad before it’s too late.



I think I figured out what I like about these books. For a few years there, I used to be obsessed with James Patterson and Dan Brown. I like thrilling mysteries because I like to figure out what is going on and who the villain really is. Daniel's story is exciting, mysterious, and confusing. But confusing in the best way possible. After the last book, Daniel thought that his blurs were gone for good. Then he wakes up in the hospital with detectives asking him where his father has gone. Steven James takes us back through the days preceding this event, and there is so much going on. Daniel's blurs are back, wolves are being illegally shot, an institute is conducting horrible experiments on convicts, and Daniel may be repressing a memory that could solve all these mysteries. 

I think I really learned something about myself from this book, and that thing is that I have real trust issues. Every person that popped up, I found myself wondering, oh my god, is this person trying to hurt Daniel? He/She must be because reasons. Although I had a sly feeling about who one villain is (oh, yes, there's more than one), I had no idea how far this person would go just to hurt others. There was also the added benefit in this book of multiple points of view, because, at some points, the characters were spread out, each one of them having to deal with something that would help them solve the case. Steven James did an excellent job showing the reader what everyone was doing, but also not skipping over what one character was doing while the other character was dealing with something else. He blended it all so seamlessly that there was no wondering what was happening everywhere.

The only bad part of the entire book was the end that said that final chapter of the trilogy was coming out in Spring 2016. Final? Spring?? 2016???

In case you're new here, I'm not patient.

Lucky you, though, because this book comes out tomorrow. Look below for the links!

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Fury-Blur-Trilogy-Steven-James/dp/1477827463/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430154380&sr=8-1&keywords=fury+steven+james

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fury-steven-james/1120830516?ean=9781477827468

So go forth and buy this book. I want you guys to be as broke and book happy as I am. I'll see you all Friday, with some updates on camp, Amory, and the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment