/

Friday, April 10, 2015

Spring Break for Adults

I should start this post with a huge pictures of my two beautiful new bulletin boards that have been hung with care and hold my most precious thoughts on them, right? Well, I would totally do that if I hadn't been lazy and sat around the house for my days off and didn't go to IKEA. Really, though, I had no idea how wonderful a few days off would be, so I may have overestimated my commitment to doing things. I read a couple of books! I prepared some future posts! I made my bed a couple of times!

There is another reason for me not buying the bulletin boards now, too. I figured that if I did something silly like that, I would start plotting out Amory. I'm supposed to be dedicating this month to my camp story (which I am), and I didn't want to start splitting my time between the two. I already have a ton of ideas and a hazy grasp on what I want the story to look like, but I don't want to rush, put it all down on note cards, and then be in the same boat I was in where I'll be taking it off of Amazon in two years time. I guess that post about my whole writing process will have to wait. I know, bummer.

For now, I'm hard at work at my camp story. Okay, a camp story. Maybe I ran out of steam on the other story, but I've been making my promised word goal (and more) with another story. It's a story I've been working on for quite some time, and it's really a revision, so I think this one will go over better. It was the original camp story, but, for some strange reason, I decided against it. I think I was working on the other story for some time and thought that I would have an easier time with it, but I was wrong. I hate getting to a certain part of the story and then getting stuck, and that always happens with me. It's the in between scenes that I'm terrible at, the ones that are in the middle of two big scenes. I guess I hate getting the momentum going and then just having to stop so my characters can catch up or have a conversation about what just happened and what's about to happen.

So, anyway, that's been my week. I'll keep working away at camp, and then hopefully next month I'll get my bulletin boards and can show my writing process. It'll be fun, I promise. Until then, come back on Monday for another review. Warning: this one is going to be kind of dark, but it's so, so good. Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment