/

Friday, April 24, 2015

The Week Is Over!

This week was one of those weeks when I had plans. Real, solid plans. Plans that had form and shape and wanted to be completed because they were so good and thoughtful and wonderful, unlike this horrible run-on sentence. I thought I could finish my camp story. I thought I would go to IKEA and get those two bulletin boards. I thought that I could clean my office and make it look like a real office and not the fake office that I've been living in for a few months. I thought could get rid of a migraine in just a few hours.

I wish I could say that I accomplished at least one of those things.

Before you start wondering what exactly I do all week, let me tell you a thing. I work. Granted, it's only for about five hours a day, but I work. In the morning, I clean this house (THAT IS NEVER CLEAN), spend time with my demanding cat, and make sure the our sweet puppy gets some exercise and builds up the muscle in his back legs. This week, I had to move everything out of one room into another room so we could paint the other room, and that's what I have to look forward to tomorrow morning. I've also had one of those super fun three day long migraines that don't go away no matter how much sleep I get or Aspirin I shove into my mouth.

But now the week is over, and what do I have to show for it?



Bam!

Neat, Bree, a bunch of papers with your grade school level cursive. You're amazing, really.

First off, I know. Second, all those papers are parts of Amory. I don't know what the heck happened this week, but my fingers have been itching to write out some things concerning her. One of those papers is full of questions I've asked about the story since 2008, another contains answers to all those questions, and several have certain scenes that came to me while sleeping, eating, working, walking, sitting, pretty much whenever. It's not all set in stone (OBVIOUSLY), but I like where it's going. This weekend (get ready, because I'm about to make a promise I might not be able to keep), I'm definitely going to IKEA. Camp is (more or less) over, and I only have a couple thousand words to finish, so I think the best option would be to get going on Amory if I'm this excited about it. I should probably transfer those papers to some other medium, as well, because knowing me, I'll clean and throw them all away. I'm smart like that.

If I get the bulletin boards, they won't be ready until at least mid-week next week, so that means I'll just have to have something super exciting for Monday. Oh, wait, I already do! I hope you all took my advice and read Blur, because Monday I'll have a review up for the second book, Fury, that comes out Tuesday. I'm not finished with it yet, but it's so good, and now I want to forget about Amory and finish Fury. Sigh. I need a clone.

No comments:

Post a Comment