/

Friday, May 1, 2015

Update On Writing

Guess who finally put clothes on before ten in the morning and went to IKEA? That's right, this girl! I was pretty productive this week, and even though none of it had to do with writing, it all had to do with writing. If that makes any sense. Probably not; this is my blog, after all.

Anyway, I bought my two bulletin boards and now they're propped against the wall, just waiting to be placed right where I want them. Depending on the weather, they might be up today; they might not be up until Sunday. It's been about a thousand degrees this week, and I've felt like doing absolutely nothing, especially nothing that has to do with my office. I don't yet have a screen in my window, so it's not advisable to open the window. Meaning, it's stuffy and hot in here by the time I get home, and I have no want to turn on my computer to make it hotter in here. Trust me, the screen is the next thing on my always expanding to-do list around here. For now, though, just getting the bulletin boards up on the wall will be enough for me.

It's May 1st. What does that mean? That means camp is officially over (I was done last week), and I can move on. All week, I've been gathering my materials for Amory. I've been thinking of scenes and where I want them placed. I've been jotting down notes for important things I shouldn't forget halfway through the book. This weekend, I'm going to start mapping out the first novel, and then hopefully I can map out the other two in the coming weeks. This is where I messed up last time. I had a vague idea for books two and three when I wrote one, and then it all kind of fell apart when I realized that my vague ideas wouldn't cut it. It's going to take some extra time (I'M REALLY JUST TELLING ME THAT), so I have to be patient and work it out. I don't want to make the same mistakes twice.

When I get the bulletin boards up, I'll take pictures of what's going on. Maybe I'll even have a clean office by that point! Who am I kidding. This office is never going to be clean. Either way, I'll see you Monday with another fun review!

No comments:

Post a Comment