/

Monday, April 14, 2014

Writing Breaks

You know what I should be doing right now? I should be at the car wash, watching some guys clean the junk out of my car and making it look super nice. But, instead, I turned off my alarm and woke up late, so I figured that I could wait on the car wash until a little later. Well, that and my laundry is heaped in an alarmingly high pile right now, so clothes come before the car (sorry car). There's also several thousand other things I would like/have to do this morning, and I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't some brilliance in those schedule things.

If any of you visited this blog this weekend, you may have noticed that my word count didn't move. Well, it was my birthday this weekend and things got a little crazy. We were shopping and going to car races and sleeping and eating and potting plants and...You get the idea. When we did have the time for me to pull out my laptop, I didn't want to. I just wanted to sit on the couch and stare at the wall. I was so tired from moving. Needless to say, I have a bit of catching up to do, and hopefully I can finish that this morning, as well. I have a video game to get to tonight, so I want a little free time!

And now I just took an hour long break from this thing to catch up on writing. Well, and laundry, but that's beside the point. Now I'm all caught up and even a little ahead! This story seems so amazingly simple to me, and that's kind of scary. I feel like I'm going to go back and read over what I read after April, and then wonder what the heck I was writing. Oh well. For now, at least, I'm writing, and that's the important part. I guess that's the real reason I do these camp sessions. Not because I know I'm going to be writing my next book, but because I'm writing (almost) every day. It helps keep me in the swing of things, so when I go back during the summer to writing, I'm not crying on the keyboard and massaging my hands every two seconds. Although, I guess I do that anyway, but only because I'm rather dramatic.

Oh, yeah, I hope you all enjoyed the little snippet last Friday. I wasn't sure what to pick, so I closed my eyes and scrolled to whatever chapter my mouse landed on. I'm very professional like that. But I think that this was the best one I could have picked, because everything else is rather spoilery. This one gives just enough taste for everyone to wonder what's going to happen next, right? I know it does for me, because I can't remember what happens after this scene. Remember: professional!

But now I have to go update the website with my new word count and get ready for the day. I don't know what's going to happen to me when I actually have a real job where I have to wake up in the morning and take a shower then. I might die. That's good enough for me not to get a real job. I guess I'll just be independently wealthy for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment