/

Friday, April 25, 2014

Anyone Up For The OC Marathon?

Would you like to sit down once more for story time? Good. Once upon a time, construction men came to my apartment building and woke me up at 7:30 a.m. every morning this week. I'm not happy. The end.

Why, yes, I'd like to be a professional writer. Why do you ask?

Being woken up - as opposed to waking up on my own - throws me off. Even though I've complained about schedules before, I found this week that I actually have one and when it gets interrupted, I'm confused for the rest of the day. I write after watching Stewart and Colbert, but if I can't watch them because of the noise outside, my writing seriously goes all over the place. I've managed to get more than 18,000 words down, though, so I guess I've done pretty well! I forgot the exact number I have left, but I'll update the word count widget after publishing this, and hopefully I can finish by Monday or maybe even this weekend if I'm not too busy being absolutely lazy.

Honestly, I almost forgot about NaNo, not because I wasn't interested in the story anymore, but because I was involved in Lego The Hobbit and reading two books (PS, by the way, in case any of you want reviews on these books, click on my Goodreads button on the side. I try to post as many reviews as I can, but some books only get stars...Sorry!). I think I'm at the point where I want to fit in as much relaxation activities before I have to actually buckle down and start editing. And you know what that means! More posts about editing and how much I want to throw myself off my balcony! Yay!

Seriously, though.

I'm preemptively being lazy. When I opened up my manuscript files, immediately I thought, You know what would be a good idea right now? If I rewatch all The OC episodes. Right now. Even watching my cat eat sounds better than editing (really: she sniffs her food, the same food that she's been eating for the last two months, and stares at it, confused, before she starts eating). The one good part of editing is that I have a new idea for this book. It means a lot more adding and writing, but I think that it'll be good for the story. I think that it will help make sense of most things and a few characters. It popped into my head the other day and while I initially groaned, I've been writing little notes posted around my apartment and the more I look at them, the more I like the idea.

Five more days. And then weeks of editing and rewriting. Then more weeks of promotion. And years of crippling self-doubt. Oh the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment