/

Monday, April 28, 2014

An End and a Beginning

Have I mentioned how much I hate construction? Not the whole profession, of course, mainly just construction that's being done on my apartment for the last freaking week. As I'm typing this, I'm watching some guy tape up my window so they can start painting. I have no idea what they've done to this building, but I swear, they weren't working on the other buildings this long. Or maybe I'm just being a huge baby and miss the quiet of this place. Ha! Quiet. Who am I kidding? This complex is never quiet (seriously: right now, there's a gardener, trash truck, and construction happening all at once).

Anyway, in case you didn't notice up the in the corner there, I finished NaNo this weekend. I had a little time on Saturday and decided to bang out the rest (in between reading and playing games, of course). It's not the best thing I've written - obviously - but, like I've said before, it kept me writing. It kept me excited for writing more and (to a point) editing. Which should begin soon. Even though I complain about it a lot, I do want to get this done and I do enjoy rereading everything I wrote. Still, this was always the part I hated after writing essays. Not because I have to see my words over and over again, but because I begin doubting myself and changing everything. Halfway through my high school career, I smartened up and kept the original, copied it, and then edited that. Not everything I write is terrible (I hope), but I used to throw away everything because that's how it felt.

For example, I found my very first attempt at Amory and there were some passages that I absolutely adored, but I cut them out because, back then, I thought they were stupid and silly. But now I wish that I had kept some of them, because they were pretty good. But sometimes it's such a pain going through everything and changing things, but then also trying to keep things, and then blending those passages and words together so they make a coherent story. I sometimes reach a point where I just want it all to be over and then sloppiness happens. Sigh. Hopefully I won't make that same mistake this time around.

But now I have to get all those little domestic chores done so I can get my life going. I used to laugh at my mom and sister when they would complain about grocery shopping or doing laundry, because I used to love those things, but now that I have to do them on a regular basis (aka, "being an adult"), it's not so fun. Especially watching money fly out my wallet. I'm sure that's the worst part for everyone, though. It better be. I'm not going to be alone in feeling this. I think this is the moment where I start a support group for those that hate spending money on food and laundry. I'll put it on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment