/

Monday, November 18, 2013

Back on Track! Kinda...

I had every intention this weekend to wake up bright and early Monday morning so I could get some housework done, as well as put up a post since it's been kind of weird the last few weeks. Well, I guess I can't even remember that it's Monday, because it just hit me now what I forgot to do!

Not like much has been going on. I've been doing well with NaNo, I guess. Yes, I didn't put up the word counter, but because the one I wanted wasn't working nicely with me, so I skipped it. I'm at 37,000 words, and I just realized that it's only November 18th. But I can't let that get in my head. Every year, I pull far ahead, so I can have a day or so break. Then I kind of forget about things and are scrambling to make up for lost words at the end. I've been trying to write every day, but as the holidays close in on us, I find myself thinking more and more about turkeys and stuffing and presents and trees that I have very little room left over in my brain for words. But I think I might get an entire week off for Thanksgiving break (fingers crossed!) and that will help me pull through for the win, so yay!

Unless you've been living under a rock (or maybe you're just not into this sort of thing), you know that the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who is coming up this weekend. My boyfriend is doing the Pearl Jam thing with his sister, so that means I'm free to curl up on his couch with my TARDIS blanket and watch the whole thing by myself! Well, he'll be around, since it's the morning, but it sounded more dramatic that way. Anyway, I'm super excited for it and I hope everyone else is too! That might be one day I take off from writing, because I'm not sure I'll be able to function properly after that. I watched the Night of the Doctor short and freaked out for about two hours before I conked out and went to sleep. I'm not very good at this fangirling thing.

Anyway, I guess this is just going to be a short write up since it's nine in the evening and I still have to clean my kitchen from dinner. I love cooking, I found that out recently, but I hate the clean up.

Oh, two quick notes! I hope you guys enjoyed the promo for Mine, because it's time for round two! (If a certain someone is reading this, I hope you laughed as much as I did writing that)The Remy tour is happening, beginning later this week. I'm up on Monday, so expect some more hotness from Katy Evans. Also, my sister finished reading my book last week and has sparked some excitement in me to write the second one. I've checked how I feel about things (it's a very rigorous process) and I'm shooting for a start time of around Christmas break. I get so much time off for that holiday and I need to distract myself from not getting paid, so I'm going to throw myself into that story. I'm getting back into that mode of wondering what my characters are doing, so I'll keep you posted with that development, as well.

Sorry for the lateness. I'll do better next time. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment