/

Friday, November 8, 2013

NaNo Updates With A Side of Sickeness

We're eight day into NaNo, and after starting already behind, I'm happy to say that I'm two days ahead now. Yay, right? Yes and no. I'm glad that I'm two days ahead, and not because that means I can slack off for a little while, but because this story is actually progressing. It's weird to have an idea where you're going, but you're also following a path that makes no sense. That's how this story is going. I know the end, I know certain parts of it, but the rest, as they say, is a mystery.

I'm going to let you in on a super secret. The way I map out my stories. It's very scientific and incredibly hard to do. I buy a bunch of index cards, write down the scenes I know I want in the story, and then I lay them out on the floor to see everything in one place. Finally, I place them where I want them to go and then write it out.

Extremely scientific, like I said.

Sometimes, I'll stick right to what the index cards say, because I've mapped out the entire story, from the smallest conflict to the largest battles. But this NaNo story...Hm. I wrote out maybe about a dozen note cards, and I've written way more than that already. It's strange for me to have something so unplanned, but flow so well. Hopefully I can keep it up through the weekend and then for the rest of the month.

But what about the second part of this post's title, Bree? Yeah, I forgot it was November and that means a thousand children are sick. Why is that kids feel the need to share everything, including their colds? One of the little girls at my tutoring center told me she was sick...by sticking her face an inch from mine and whispering this non-secret right in my face. I was kind of hoping that it would be one of those lucky times when I didn't get sick, but then I woke up the next day with a sore throat and death written on my forehead. This is day two of the cold, and it's getting better, but I'm going to take a vow of silence for the day. I think my throat will thank me for that.

The good thing about being sick is that I should have nothing else to do but write, correct? Yeah, that's not my life! I have work and then another concert tonight (last night's was...strange), and I'm not going to let the cold ruin my weekend. If my boyfriend can go to Dethklok almost dead (which is kind of appropriate for that concert, really), then I can repay the favor and go to Nine Inch Nails with a little cold.

I'm just dramatic when it comes to being sick, and I'm sure my boyfriend doesn't want to hear it anymore.

And I know I said the whole thing about the writing meter popping up on the website this week, but it's been busy. What a terrible excuse, but really. This weekend, I'm hoping to sit down for a little while and go over this blog, because I'm feeling ready for something different. Also, I have to pretty it all up for next Thursday. Next Thursday, Bree? What's next Thursday?

It's November 14th, the day I get to promote Mine by Katy Evans!

I'm sure I've mentioned it before (*wink, wink*), so get your butts over here if you want to learn about an amazing read. Again, though, this series is not for the faint of heart. You have to be willing to read about an incredibly sexy man who is the king of all men and does whatever he can for the love of his life.

Such a tough read.

So come by next week! It'll be fun, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment