/

Monday, September 16, 2013

Profuse Apologies

I'm sorry. When I made the decision to write this book biweekly, I tried my best to stick to that promise. So, when I skip a day, the guilt piles up on me until I'm practically salivating for Monday or Friday to come. This weekend was kind of busy and crazy, so I didn't have a chance to sit down and collect my thoughts enough to write them down.

That's why I turned my computer on first thing this morning! (Okay, not first thing, but first thing when I finally rolled out of bed and decided that watching Copper shouldn't take precedence over starting my day) Last week had also been a bit busy, but that's because I went full writer mode and wrote 11,000 words of a story that has no ending, a wibbly wobbly plot, and characters I'm not entirely sure are 3D. But I love it. It's been in my head for years now, based on slightly true events, and I guess I've been so invested in being a "serious" writer that I forgot to write about stuff I liked. True, I love AYLB, but then I thought about writing these huge epics, where everyone was so damn serious and real that it was like real life. But aren't books supposed to be our escape from real life? That's how I see them. They take me away whenever life is getting too hard, whenever I need a break from being me. And that what I hope people will take away from my book, or books, if it comes to that. Now, I just have to make the decision about if this story is going to turn into something more, or if it's just a break in between real books.

I have to share. There's another reason I was distracted this weekend, and I think it's totally justifiable.
A phone case? What? Yes, I bought this absolutely adorable phone case from Etsy (from the YourLimitedEdition shop, which has other equally as cute cases) and it finally arrived on Thursday. I couldn't stop staring at it and playing with my phone in hopes that someone would be like, oh my god, that is adorable and not at all dorky! While that may have never happened, I fell in love with it, and that's the most important thing. It's a proper distraction, yeah?

Since fall is right around the corner, my life is about to get a million times busier. I don't know what happens during this time, but my boyfriend and I have concerts, haunt-like festivals, and other events crammed into two months. Oh, the haunts. It's one reason I love Los Angeles/Orange County. When Halloween time rolls around, everyone suddenly turns their place of business into something scary. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I adore the bad horror movies, the monsters jumping out at you, the screams of other people having the time of their lives. It's completely awesome. I get really wrapped up in it, but I do promise to keep the biweekly updates happening. If I skip another day, I give everyone permission to yell at me or tell the Blogger gods on me.

Blogdin. That sounds like a good Blogger god name.

No comments:

Post a Comment