/

Friday, July 12, 2013

Gusher, Part 3

Hello out there! In case no one noticed, I changed a few things around here. This is by no means the final design, as I still have a few things I want to add, but it's as good as it's going to get right now, since I'm three episodes deep into my new favorite obsession, Sherlock. So, until I find four and a half hours to finish season 2, the blog stays how it is. Not that it's bad; at least, in my opinion it's not. I like it!

And I do owe some thank yous for those people out there who helped me, even if they didn't know it. First, thanks to the fabulous Angie Makes & co. (angiemakes.com) that taught me how to add social media buttons to my blog, and even taught me some HTML, which wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Her website has a whole mess of ideas and videos and goodies for blogs and art projects. I got lost for hours on her blog. It's such a wonderfully beautiful place that it's definitely in my bookmarks now! Second, a big thanks to StarSunflower Studio Design (http://shop.starsunflowerstudio.com). I found all the greatest backgrounds on that site, and many of them for free! Another site that mesmerized me for hours.Also, real quick, for those who may take part in NaNo and like the little word counter to the side (which I picked because it's so simple and tells me exactly what I want), the website is languageisavirus.com/nanowrimo/word-meter.html#.UeBEAG3lfmt. You get to pick the color and everything!

So, in case any of you (if there are any of you) clicked on the Twitter button and found that there are no tweets, and then thought, hey, stupid girl, you connected the wrong profile! Nope, I did not. I use Twitter as a way to keep up with authors, bands, and people I like. I've yet to actually tweet, and why is that? Because I don't think that the Twitter universe would like to know that I just woke up and am now thinking about bacon. Riveting stuff, I know, but I like to keep that junk to myself. But I'll be building something over there, hopefully.

But if you clicked on my Pinterest page, you can finally appreciate my ADD. That page is just a mess of junk, but aren't they all?

I just thought I'd write a quick post about the new design and that things are still changing, but I guess I can update the story. I'm at about 26,000 words and ready for this month to be done. Why, you may ask? Well, I do love this simple YA story about love, but the other day, guess who knocked on the proverbial door in my mind? Oh, hello, Amory. She's practically begging to come out and show me her new adventures, and I found myself sketching out a storyboard for her, so she may just get her way soon enough. And she may find out the adventure I've been working on for her. But that's a secret for now, so, shh. I trust you.

No comments:

Post a Comment