/

Monday, July 22, 2013

Checklists and Kindles

Last week was kind of messed up. I was so tired last Monday and then we were supposed to go to this comedy show on Tuesday, but that didn't go through, and Wednesday was...well, Wednesday. Basically, I'm saying sorry for getting off schedule. It made me feel a bit wobbly, so I'm trying to stay on track now. Sometimes I have the tendency of skipping things and then saying to myself, well, maybe I'll try again in a few months. Just ask my workout schedule.

After my last post, I went online and did a bit of research. While I sat there and thought, well, I'll just throw my book up on Kindle and there we go!, I guess there's actually a little more to that process. I didn't really think over the whole selling myself online and promoting my book on social media networks. Seeing as all I have is this blog and Twitter, because I refuse to get a Facebook, I've been looking for articles about that certain subject. And then there's all the formatting and general rules about publishing on Kindle. Yipes. I have to look it all over and make sure that I can do this by myself. It's like a neverending book list for getting published. I had been so concerned with agents and publishing companies, that I never took the time to read about what I can do on my own.

Lucky for me, there's a whole wealth of knowledge on this subject out there. I've found free articles, not-so-free books, and help around every corner. What an amazing world we live in, right? So while I know I said August or September, it may be closer to the end of September or maybe even October. I just have to sort through everything and figure out a schedule. I know, more organizing. But that can be fun, especially when it's for something that could possibly benefit my future.

Gah, get away from the heavy stuff, really.

In a week or so, once I've re-looked over my manuscript, I'm probably going to post a little bit of the first chapter, just because. Don't quote me on that, though! It may be in two weeks, but that's my deadline. In two weeks, I get the whole apartment to myself for seven days, and I'm hopefully going to be busy working. That means I have two weeks to catch up on Doctor Who and whatever else I fall into in those fourteen days. My inner nerd just started quivering, so I better wrap up and finish up with the ninth Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment