/

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Little Late...

It's Wednesday! Yep, and this is my first post of the week. Sorry! I wish I could say that I was absorbed in other things, like working or writing or something equally as important, but...that's not the case. I have been writing (and that's what this post is about, I swear), but it's been interrupted by Doctor Who and Sherlock and now the comeback of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report...well, frankly, I'm booked!

Geez, my life sounds pathetic.

Anyway, to the writing! I'm about halfway done now, so that's always an exciting mark to reach. I'm aware that my word count says that I'm 61% done, or something along those lines, but that's because I keep putting in 50,000 words. That's my goal for Camp NaNo, but I've upped it to 60,000 on my personal word count. After looking at my storyboard and seeing that I'm almost halfway through my proposed board, I figured it would be best if I used 60,000 words in my program. There's about two weeks left in this month, so we'll see if I get through the last 20,000 (or 30,000, for me) words. Here's keeping my fingers crossed!

But that's not what's really occupying my mind right now. I mentioned before that Amory's been in my head for the last week or so, and when I'm not gluing myself to the screen when Benedict Cumberbatch is on it (I still can't figure out what we all see in him, but I see it), I've been planning something big for her. It's almost the end of July, and I've yet to receive an email that says Dear Ms. Garcia, Where have you been my entire life? I need you and the book right now, here's a billion dollars to get you started, is that enough? Or, you know, anything along those lines. Since that's the case, I'm planning self-publishing All You Left Behind. I need to do a bit more research and have discussions with my team (aka, my cat and boyfriend), but I'd like to plan for the end of August or beginning of September. That is totally NOT a for sure thing, though, so let's not mark that down in our calendars, right?

I guess the main thing that surprises me most about this whole process is how unrejected I feel. The red lines under it is telling me that that's not a word, but I don't care. I feel pretty good about myself and about my story. I am planning on going back and reading through it again, just in case I missed or wanted to add anything. Also, I think that's plenty of time for me to finish the books I'm reading now (cross the other fingers!) and maybe a little break for my eyes. We'll see. But it will be up on Kindle, that much I promise. And, hopefully, people won't hate it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment