/

Friday, August 22, 2014

Scheduling Time For Writing

So it's not Wednesday. Oh wells. Really, you should be proud of me for knowing that. This whole week has gone in a blur. One big, long, stressful blur. But the good news is that the source of my stress is gone. Also, this coming week is the last week of summer school! While my wonderful hours will be disappearing, it also means that I can have some time now and now drag myself home around five with a pile of stuff still to correct. That could be very nice.

But first, I have to get through this weekend without a sunburn.

Even though things have been pretty messy and stressful lately, and I've been a bit down in the dumps because of that, I've still managed to get a couple thousand words written. I'm still only on the first chapter, but I have to say (I believe I've said it before) that I really love this direction I'm going in. You know when you have a plan inside your head and then you execute it, and it turns out completely wrong? Well, that's how the first draft of this thing went. Some of the characters I had written didn't even make sense to me. A long time ago, I had imagined this one character that I ended up falling madly in love with, but it didn't make sense to put him in the first Amory. So I waited for this one, but when I wrote his scenes out...it fell flat. I ended up rolling my eyes at him every time he spoke, and that hurt my heart! I'm not yet at his introduction, but with the way that the other characters are going, I have high hopes for him.

I'm going to try and get some writing in this weekend. The festival we're going to isn't until two in the afternoon, but it's going to a long day Saturday. If I stopped writing this and maybe started cleaning my apartment, I would have a little time to write before I have to leave again and run some errands. You know, whenever I want something that I can't afford, my dad always says, "Sorry you weren't born a Kennedy." I would laugh because, really, who wants to be Kennedy? I'm perfectly happy being a Garcia. But sometimes I wish that the Garcia's had the Kennedy's money and I would't feel so bad being lazy and writing instead of cleaning or postponing something that would benefit my future.

Writing is a slippery slope into utter sadness.

Anyway! I'll let you all know what's going on and how well I've done with my goals this weekend. I'm already warning you all, though: no post on Monday morning. We're going to be at the festival until really late on Sunday, so I'll throw up a post on Tuesday. If you're lucky, it might be Monday night! But don't hold your breath. I might have come home from work and died.

No comments:

Post a Comment