/

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Quickie

You ever have one of those days that seem to go on forever? Well, that's sort of what happened this weekend. My boyfriend and I went to a music festival on Saturday, and even though it was only about four to five hours of our day, the next day gave way to sore legs and absolute tiredness. Honestly: I felt like I could have gone to bed around seven in the evening. I'm still kind of tired today, and I'm not sure if it's leftover festivalness or I'm just ready for summer to be over.

Either way, that's why I'm writing this on Monday night and ready to go to bed.

Before I started writing this post, I really thought about what I was going to say. It didn't feel like I did much of anything on the writing front this weekend, but then I opened up the file and saw that I probably put in a few thousands words. Time flies when you're having fun, right? But, look, between the festival and Doctor Who (oh my god, sooooo gooooood), it felt like nothing got done. But my bank account and word count tells me differently, so I'm listening to them!

This is the part where I'm supposed to say that I've been working hard since I've arrived home today, right? Well, I mean, I totally have. Just not on anything productive. Well, nothing for the story, I mean. But I've cleaned my kitchen, transferred my recipes over to one place (finally!), and watched the last two episodes of True Blood (save your time: super boring). Now that it's a bit cooler outside, I think after I finish this up, I'll try to get some writing done. This story took a big turn, but it's one that I felt needed addressing. It involves Amory's father, and it's something that I've skated over each time I write out any version of Amory, so I'm glad I had a moment to fix it up.

The next post will probably be up later this week. We have another long weekend in store for us, but I'll get something up either Thursday night or Friday morning. I'll update you all about where this story is going, and maybe a little extra surprise. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment