/

Sunday, March 17, 2013

It Dawned On Me...

...That whoever reads this (if anyone at all) has no idea what I'm talking about when I talk about AYLB. First off, that stands for All You've Left Behind, but that might change. Mostly likely will change. I don't know. (As you can also tell, I'm a bit indecisive.) So, I suck at pitch writing. Have you ever tried to write a pitch? Most people say that a successful pitch is about 75 words. And then they want you to cut it down to 50 words. I'm a talker, if you haven't guessed at this point. Trying to sum up my story in 50 to 75 words is extremely difficult for me. My first pitch attempt, for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, was 223 words (because they said up to 250!). I would totally post it up here, because it's pathetic, but it has nothing to do with the new version of AYLB. So, 50 words, huh?

"Amory Ambrose, Heaven's top Guardian angel, is sent down to Bexington, a small coastal town, to bring back Richard Piedmont, the one angel who can stop the war ravaging Earth. But with demons and renegade humans blocking her way, will Amory be able to complete her mission...or has she discovered something bigger, something that could possibly take down Heaven?"

Ha! That was 59 words. Dang. Anyway, there's the basic idea of it all. There's way more to it, and when I finally figure out the logistics of it all, I hope to really dive into it all. Rereading that pitch, I don't think I would read it. But it tells nothing of what goes on, I swear! Sigh. This is why I hate pitches. But, on a happier note, 40,000 words are written down, and I still have a looooong way to go. I'm shooting for a summer release (god, that sounds so lame), so here's hoping for a more detailed post in about...Mayish? I keep telling myself, oh, I'll totally have this done by the end of March. Did anyone bother to tell me that it's March 17? No. Thanks a lot, computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment