/

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Gusher, Part 1

Before you ask, yes, I've been writing steadily. If not every day, then every other day, at least. But that's not what this post is about. This post is about what I've been doing all those other minutes of the day that I'm not writing, working, or sleeping: reading.

Sometimes I get a little crazy and go to the library, grabbing all the books I can and reading them within a week. That's what's happened since the last time I posted. Let's see here...

The Mortal Instruments series - I read the first three and plan on reading the last three, not because they were anything spectacular, but because now I'm invested. I know Cassandra Clare wrote fanfic for Harry Potter, and reading these books make me even less surprised. Now that I've said that, the story was good, so don't get me wrong. The only thing that I had a huge problem with was the love angle. If you haven't read them yet, cover your eyes!......(That was me waiting) Okay, so, Clary and Jace are supposedly brother and sister, yet they make out and kiss ALL. THE. TIME. No one seems to find this gross, especially not Jace or Clary. But then when her actual brother kisses her, Clary is horrified and thinks it's the most disgusting thing in the world. Um, well, yeah! But you've been doing it for three books here, sweetheart. I don't know.

Delirium and Pandemonium - I had to get ready for Reqiuem! I read Delirium last year after reading Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall (one of my favorite books) and then reread it before I got Pandemonium last month. Reqiuem is actually open right now on my desk, so...hurry up! I really have nothing more to say about this series other than read it. Right now. Seriously, what are you doing? Go! (Sidenote: if Lena doesn't end up with Alex, I'm coming back and redoing this whole section, and you may not have to go and read them.)

A Great and Terrible Beauty - Okay, this one surprised me. I had it down as a challenge book on Goodreads, and I didn't really expect much out of it, but, boy, did it prove me wrong. Libba Bray is an awesome writer, and she creates worlds that come alive while reading. Before I was even halfway done with this one, I marked the second in the series as a want-to-read. It's craziness in the second half of the book, but I finished it in about two days, so that tells me I liked it.

The Truth About Forever - Okay, this was probably my favorite of the books I've read this month (past two weeks?). Just a simple story about a girl coming unraveled and how she deals with the entire world, but there was a certain element in there that just made me...wow. I can't even put my finger on it. I sent my boyfriend out with his friend so I could read it! It's sweet and funny and realistic and just plain awesome. This was another challenge book for me, and now I'm practically salivating while finding more books by Sarah Dessen. I had her confused with another author, not because they're writing is similar, but because I'm an idiot and thought all YA books were the same.

Those have really been it. Right now, I'm reading Reqiuem, Cinder, and London: The Autobiography. On the back burner is Ready Player One, a book I've been dying to read for a thousand years. So I'm sure another post like this will pop up. Not before an update of the story, though, which will come soon. I've discovered something new about writing, and I'm excited to share it, even though I know it's nothing new, but it's new for me! I just have to make sure it works...

No comments:

Post a Comment