/

Friday, October 23, 2015

Chickens and Puppies and Writing

We have new neighbors.

They're really nice. I've spoken to them twice. They have adorable children, super cute with their round cheeks and giggles over their swimming pool. They also have a German Shepherd puppy that is the cutest thing alive, but barks whenever they're not home, which is always since they're not really living in the house yet and they tend to leave the puppy alone in its CAGE in the backyard. There's also a plethora of workers coming in and out of the house, agitating the poor puppy that then barks uncontrollably, worrying our dogs and me, because I hate hearing that poor thing freak out when I can't calm it down (trust me, I've tried multiple times). Then, as we found out last night around midnight, these nice people also have CHICKENS that like to CROW whenever they damn well feel like it.

I'm not too keen on these people, if you can't tell.

Anyway, because of all that, I've been sleeping in a lot and then waking up all groggy because my natural schedule is all messed up. I haven't had much time to write on the computer, but I've been making up for it at work. That's a terrible thing, but I do my job and I do it well, and when I have a few seconds of downtime, I manage to jot down some notes or a scene, if I'm really lucky. Nothing is really very good, but then I get home and am able to expand and change things on my laptop. It's helping, because I just had an idea for one of my older stories. It might get done for NaNo, but I'm not sure if I want to rush this one.

Mostly, I'm just excited for November. I still have tutoring until well past my normal hours, but only two days a week. That means I should be home before 8 on most nights, and I won't be so exhausted that I just want to go to bed. Everything always seems to work out for November, and for that, I'm ever so thankful. Thank you, NaNo gods.

Then, I guess I went book buying crazy this month because I have three brand spanking new books waiting for me on my shelf. Right now, I'm staring at Career of Evil, and you have no idea how hard it is for me to not throw this computer out the window (or place it nicely back in the office, really, sorry, my love) and curl up with sneaky JK. As for the other books, I pass them every time I go to bed, and they cry out whenever I tell them that I can't read them tonight. I mean, I'm sure they cry. They have to, right? I also have two other books sitting on my nightstand, and it makes me so sad. I have one more book to read for NetGalley and then I'm taking a break. I've said that before, but this book was sent to me because I read the first one in the series, so I can't exactly say no. Also, the first book was awesome, so expect a review for this one next week or so.

All right, I guess I should go be an adult and wait for the repairman. And not smother my cat with kisses because she won't stop meowing. And not listen to the new Adele on repeat until my ears bleed. And not freak out over Panic! At The Disco tickets because I'm a 32 year old woman.

We all know I'm going to do all those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment