/

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

School Has Sprung!

Good Monday, everyone! It's been awhile since I posted just an update on everything, so I figured the best way to start September right was to get on here.

Yes, I'm aware that it's September 8th.

Summer was kind of crazy this year, and not even always in the good ways. I never thought I'd say this, but, man, am I glad that summer is over. I mean, sure, I'll miss the better hours and the fatter paycheck and the constant swimming and naps whenever I want...Wait, why is it better that summer is over?

Well, first things first, fall is coming. Yeah, okay, it might be hitting 85° right now and only climbing higher, but it's the morning. I'm sitting in my office, basking in the cool from my fan and the sun hasn't even thought about touching this room yet. It's probably the coolest room in the house in the morning, but forget about it during the afternoon. That was the main reason for my writing slump this summer. The scorching temperatures combined with a hot office did nothing for my motivation. Not when there's a perfectly good pool calling me from the backyard and then I bought a hammock and...It all went downhill from there, trust me.

Second, which I really already said, my hours are back to afternoon and early evening. Sure, I enjoy summer hours because that means my work day is done between 2 and 4 in the afternoon, but I love having mornings open. I love being able to go grocery shopping when no one else is there or hitting the bookstore right when it opens. I can do laundry and prep for dinner before I even make my lunch. The traffic sucks coming home, but now I won't have my Mad Max steelbook sold from under my nose because I wasn't there to pick it up first thing in the morning.

Let's not get into that.

Third, and most important, I'm going to have a schedule again. Sure, there's going to be little surprises along the way, but it'll be nice to have that hour or two carved out for me to write. I've been planning this schedule in my head for nearly two weeks, so it's not a spur of the moment decision like most of them I make. I have writing, cleaning, German, animals, and anything else that pops up. It might not seem like it, but I do like to have schedules and I'm not a very good spontaneous person. Too many variables, too many choices. I blame my mom for having such good organizational skills while we were growing up.

That's it for today, really. I'm going to be making little changes around here this next week or two, depending on what happens this weekend, but I'll keep you all updated. Have a great rest of the week!

PS - I have been writing. Don't think that I've been super lazy and haven't been utilizing my laptop to it's fullest extent. I have. Just not as well as I should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment