/

Friday, January 9, 2015

Look At Me Go!

It's Friday and that means I should be in bed, thinking about blogging and not doing it, right? Wrong! That was the old me, the 2014 Bree. Sure, I did have that moment (or ten) this morning where I thought that no one would want to read my ranting about nothing, but who am I kidding. I like ranting about nothing and it doesn't matter if no one is here to read it.

You can drop in an obligatory Rock gif there, if you'd like.

Anyway. Since I haven't been writing at all this week (explanation to come), I thought I would lay out what you all should expect this coming year. I will be writing, I promise, but my brain is too full of junk right now to really concentrate on anything. I figure once the month of January passes and we can unpack most of our stuff and I'm not consumed with the fire of a thousand suns because my books are piled up in all sorts of nooks and crannies, I'll be better equipped to write and process my thoughts. Here's keeping your fingers crossed on that one.

Besides that, I've decided to take on the PopSugar 2015 reading challenge (check it out here: http://www.popsugar.com/love/Reading-Challenge-2015-36071458). For the last three years, I've done the Goodreads challenge. I keep going up in how many books I want to read and last year, at my boyfriend's suggestion, I challenged myself to read 100 books. I accomplished my goal, but it was kind of stressful. I felt like I had to read some books because I knew they would help me get to my goal since they were short. It wasn't super fun sometimes. This challenge, though, is only 52 books and it sounds super awesome. There are so many reading challenges out there, but this one seemed up my alley and would also allow me to fit in some other books along the way (like I'm doing this week). So, follow me on Goodreads if you want to see my process, and maybe you could even join me! It should be fun, I promise. I don't talk much on there because people sometimes get snippy, but I'm on that website at least eight thousand times a day.

Oh, so why haven't I been writing? Besides the obvious that I stated up above, I'm also trying to get through a book this month. Remember when I had the awesome opportunity to review Izzy Moffit's Road to Wonderland? Well, in a few weeks, I'm going to get to review the second in that series, Paris Hemsworth's Road to Wonderland. I'm not even halfway through the book, but I'm already excited. Come back here on January 26th and you'll see what I thought of the whole thing! (You can come back before then, too. If you wanted.)

Okay, final thought. Classic Alice is an amazing web series that I became addicted to because it's about a girl living her life by classic books (hello, English degree holders dream). They just finished their first run and now they're campaigning for their second. I know we should give money to those less fortunate and all that (and I do), but even a dollar would help these guys. Click on this link for more information: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/classic-alice-books-8-beyond

Just watch one episode and try not to get addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment