/

Monday, January 5, 2015

Life Is An Adventure

Happy (belated) New Year!

So, I've been a terrible blogger. Not for any one particular reason, either. But it's been a busy month. I thought I was just being lazy, but then I sat down and really thought about what's been keeping me away from this blog, and this is the list I came up with (chronologically, of course):

-More kids at work
-More kids' parents wanting all the grades to go up (without doing anything at home)
-Holiday preparing
-Driving to Vegas
-Driving home from Vegas (two days later)
-Finding a hurt kneed dog waiting for us at home
-Worrying over my worried boyfriend
-Starting a new diet
-Getting the flu
-Getting over the flu

And now I'm here! Of course, that stuff happened over the course of the month, but it's been a lot to handle, and I just haven't had the want to get on this thing. I also found that I don't have a place to blog anymore. I always thought it was so stupid when people said that they carved out a time and place to blog, because if you have a computer and internet connection, really, you can do it anywhere. Since I haven't set up my desk yet (more on that in a bit), I've had to do this on the bed or wherever I can find space. It hasn't been very fun and blogging on the bed isn't as wonderful as I thought it would be.

Then why not set up the desk, Bree? It's a tiny white IKEA thing and it should fit anywhere!

Well, it would, if I had a space to put it in.

Remember when I said that my boyfriend and I had moved into a house? We did. We moved into his parents' house because they're planning on moving to Arizona in a few weeks. We're going to take over the house (because it's an awesome house with actual yard space, and in Orange County, that's ridiculous) and since both of our lease's on our respective apartments/condos were up in November, we moved in a few months early. But that means that we have a bedroom and a half to fit all my stuff, all my boyfriend's stuff, a cat, and (now) a mending dog. We have about three weeks left of this mess, and then we can finally spread out. It's going to be another process, but one that I will be most willing to go through if that means I can set up my tiny white IKEA thing of a desk.

But what will you use that desk for, Bree?

Well, since I'm so changeable (insert Moriarty gif here), I've been working on a story that I long forgot about. I don't know what happened, but this last month has been nothing but that story. I found it in a random file on my computer, started reading it, and realized that I really loved it. It's unlike anything I've ever written and ever wanted to write, really, but it started off as a NaNo story, and then I thought that a month wouldn't be enough for this story. But then it just...died. And now it's back, which is how it always happens. So, yes, that means another shunting aside for Amory. Not that I don't love Amory, but I'm at a loss with her story right now. I can't think about where to go from here, and I think that some time off from her will do us both some good.

But I can only say that for so long.

So we shall see. I'm planning on making some big changes this year and I haven't quite factored in the writing yet. I guess that doesn't really go well with my resolution to get organized in all aspects of my life. Give me a break. It's five days into the new year. I'll get my stuff together. On December 31, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment