/

Friday, January 16, 2015

A Countdown to Excitement!

So begins the countdown. In one week (GET EXCITED), I'm going to have a space (A WHOLE SPACE) for...my...desk!

I'm also going to have space for my seven or so boxes full of crap that have yet to be unpacked because there hasn't been any space for my seven or so boxes full of crap. Of course, I'm not going to unpack everything in one day (where is Martha Stewart when I need her?), but I'm going to have the option to unpack everything in one day. That's the whole point, really. I'm not going to be stuck in a room anymore with such little space that I'm banging into a dresser or a TV stand or slipping on a dog's toy every second of the day.

I also get a chance to go through the house and purge, which totally isn't one of my favorite things ever. No way. I haven't been dreaming about that since the moment I moved in here two months ago.

But I guess I'm getting away from the real point: A DESK. That means I'm going to be able to fall back into a schedule again. I won't have to write on a bed anymore, my back screaming for more pillows. I won't have to sit on a couch and wonder if I'm disturbing anyone with my loud typing (I do type loud, it's so ridiculous). I'm going to have a space for me, and it's the most selfish thing I could want right now, and I don't even care.

This also means that this blog is finally going to have a purpose again. No longer are you going to come here and wonder what nonsense I'll be spewing that day. Nope, because as soon as I set up my desk (in the cat's bedroom...oh, right, did I forget to mention that?), I'm going to get back to writing. I've been wanting to for a long time now, but I just haven't. I've said it before: I don't know how writers write in bed. It's awesome that they can, but I have to be at a desk. Also, as I've said before, I can't write when I have a thousand things on my mind. Most of those things have to do with this house and the huge mess that it's in right now, so here's hoping that things will get back to normal normal by mid to end February.

So, for now, I'm going to get back to cleaning the room and making the cat happy and getting things together for work and editing this story so I can really get going on it. Hopefully by the time all those things are done, my nose will have unstuffed and the headache will have flown away and my throat will magically be not sore anymore. Word of advice, kiddos: don't sleep with the heater on. Don't let anyone else turn the heater on while you're sleeping. If they do, do what I do: wake up in the middle of the night, turn it off, and hide the remote that controls the heater. It works every time. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment