/

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Distractions!

Did you know that the internet has thousands and thousands (possibly even millions!) of links out there? Links that are just sitting there, waiting for me to click on them and spend hours staring at the screen? Newsflash, right? Well, I discovered (a little late, I might add) The Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube. Seriously, go check it out. I'm on episode 30 and I just started last night. I can't stop watching. I keep telling myself, I'll get back to writing after this episode, it's only 4 minutes long! Add an eye roll for effect, and you have my conversation down. I mean, sure, I have been able to write about 5,000 yesterday and this morning, and that should be cause for celebration, right? Wrong.

Which brings me to my next thread of consciousness: James Patterson. I get that he has co-authors and junk, so don't jump on me. But that man puts out about a bajillion books in a year, and I wonder how the hell he does it. How can he have so many ideas in a year? Well, let's go back to my 5,000 word hoopla. Yes, it's 5,000. Yes, it's consistent with my 1,500 word target. Oh, did I mention that those 5,000 words for neither story #1 nor story #2? Oh, yes, this is story #3, a string that I've clung onto for the last few weeks. I tried to put it aside, tried, even, to tell myself that this was not the kind of story that I want to invest my time in, but...there it is.

Maybe I'll just James Patterson it and take on all three at once. Sigh. I need a co-author. And millions of dollars. And a pony. The last one doesn't help writing at all, but it would be awesome to finally have my own pony. Distractions. Aren't they wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment