/

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Update!

Hello lovely people out there! Once more, sorry for the long wait between posts, but things have been a little hectic around here and I'm straighten everything out. Nothing too bad, but there have been a few things that I've been thinking about over the last month, and most of them have to do with this blog and writing.

1. NaNoWriMo

So, after careful consideration {and a thousand confusing moments}, I've decided that I'm not doing NaNo this year. Does that suck? Yeah it does. There is still the whole month of October left, so I may change my mind, but as of right now, I'm not doing it. I don't really have a plan or any ideas for a book to write, so that's one part of it. The other part is...

2. My books

Back in September, I started editing and rewriting one of my older stories because I found it again and fell back in love with it. I changed a bunch of stuff and even deleted the entire ending because it was terrible. I'm still slowly working on it, but stopped because another story idea worked its way inside of my head, and that's what I've been doing for a few weeks now. I have about 30,000 words of this second story and want to see where it leads me. This is a story that I've been trying to write since high school {!!!!} and it's nothing terribly special, but it's something to me. I've started and stopped a thousand times since senior year, but this one seems to be flowing nicely. I think it's one of the more real versions I've written, so that might have something to do with it. Anyway, I'm not doing NaNo because I want to concentrate on these two books, finish them, polish them up, and then {hopefully} start querying them at the beginning of 2017. It's nerve-wracking and exciting, so if I post less around here, you'll know it's not just me being lazy.

3. This here blog

I love Blogger, don't get me wrong, but I've been playing around with the idea of moving this blog to another platform. I've also thought of changing this blog into completely book reviews, and that does seem to make me happier. Talking about my own writing sends me into spasms of nervousness, and I'm always right in the middle of writing something, so I never can be like, here it is, world, take a look and shower me with money! But I love reading and I love writing my reviews, and starting in 2017, I'm going to try something new. I've been sticking mostly to new books to review, but then I realize that sometimes I read a book and don't really remember it the next year. While I do have Goodreads and am able to write reviews there, I'm wondering if some of my reviews here would be even more helpful. I'd have more space to write whatever I wanted and it would bring more eyes to the blog. So, if I move it or not, starting next year, I'm going to review every single book that I read in 2017. This year, my challenge was to read 80, and I might make that, so expect a lot of book reviews next year.

4. Life

Nothing to add here, are you kidding? I've been searching for a job and it's disheartening and upsetting, but I'm getting through it. Sprint cars are beginning to wind down, Halloween is right around the corner, and both animals are still alive and annoying me to no end, so everything's good.

That's where we are right now. Whatever happens, don't you worry, because you'll be one of the first ones to know. I have a review coming up in the next few weeks, so I'll try to post something in between then, even if it is just Hamilton lyrics and cat pictures. God, I'd probably get so many more readers if that was my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment