/

Monday, October 31, 2016

NaNo and Racing and Life and Not Dying

So. It's Halloween and I'm sitting in my office, looking around at the things I should be doing and just realized that NaNo is tomorrow. That shouldn't bother me because I'm not doing it, right? RIGHT?

I'm an idiot, so of course I'm doing NaNo.

Before anyone jumps on my case {I SEE YOU, BREE}, I am still editing my novel. It's going pretty well and I'm actually having a good time with it. GASP. I know, right? But it's a fun book because I finally took everyone's advice and wrote what I know. It might be cheesy, but I don't care. I really love this book. It's sweet and heartbreaking and reminds me of what love was like when I was fifteen. It's also been interesting reading it out loud, mostly because I can't stop laughing at my own voice {seriously, I sound like a child}, but also because I can hear my writing out loud and some of it doesn't make me cringe. I count that a win in my book. Not this book, just, you know, another book. Where I keep my counts.

Well, that brings us to NaNo. I wasn't planning on doing because of the editing and also because I didn't have a story that I LOVED. I can't do NaNo unless I have something that I know will keep my interest for a month. Sometimes that story ends up wanting to be turned into a book, and I'll allow it. Sometimes it's a silly story that only keeps me in the habit of writing everyday, and that's fine too. I've been kicking around a story idea for the last year or so, and it really started off as a joke with my boyfriend. But then it took root and after the novel I just wrote, I realized that I really like writing sweet romantic YA novels. They're not easier by any means, but I like the feelings and the memories that come with it. I'm not sure if this is going to be a book or just a silly story, but it's something I'm feeling pretty strongly about, so I'm going to see where it takes me.

Other than the writing, it's Halloween and that means...nothing. Absotively posolutely nothing. The boy and I have done something spooky every year on Halloween, but this year, the holiday felt a bit like a second Christmas. The haunted attractions around us seemed to be centered around money {yeah, I know, I get it} and they were asking for a lot without giving us much. So we stayed home and watched some movies {It Follows which was really weird, but the more I think about it, the more I love it}, but it's been fun. I'm going to pick up some candy on my way to work and we might pass it out tonight. If not, more candy for us, right? Also, our dog just decided that he should have surgery today, so there's that, too. Dogs: always keeping us on our toes.

We're also heading to Arizona this weekend for some racing and then we come back for more racing next weekend. I get some time off work, so that's a plus, but Oval Nationals take so much energy out of me. I don't do anything {really, I just get in the way}, but wandering around the pit area and watching everyone else drains me. Last year, I was only in the pits for one night, but this year I'm hoping for all three nights, so that's going to be something. Write in the mornings, read in the afternoons, racing at night, and editing threaded throughout. That's the plan. I won't die, I swear.



See?

Anyway, that means this blog might be quiet for some time. I have something exciting planned for tomorrow, and I'm working on something else for next week. I'm trying to get things organized for the next two crazy weeks, so bear with me, okay? If not, sorry, and I hope you have a wonderful life! Oh, I hope the people who bear with me have a wonderful life, too.

Anticlimactic, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment