/

Friday, July 31, 2015

Summer Colds and More Posts

...What is this? Is this a...post?

Why, yes, yes it is.

I know. I promised I would put something up for Go Set a Watchman, and then I didn't. That's just me, isn't it? Handing out promises and then never banking on them? Well, my excuse is a good one this time. I had - yet another - summer cold. On Sunday, I thought I had allergies because the weather had changed and then Monday I woke up with a sore throat, snot launching itself from my nose, and the strength of a newborn baby. Basically, I looked like this for three days:


It was no good.

My computer is still being a little weird, but I'm going to go with it for now. Until I can get some money to buy a new one (and stop drooling over the gorgeous MacBooks, which are definitely not in my future), this one is just going to have to last. Thank god for Dropbox and Google Drive and external hard drives and all those other things that I'm supposed to be backing all my stuff up on every day...and I don't. But I did when my other hard drive failed, and I think I said that before. So no worries! I still have all my writing and everything that goes with it. I apologize to anyone that I ever laughed at when they complained about their computer crashing and they never backed up. I'm so, so sorry.

Anyway, this is going to be pretty quick because this week has been a dead week. I've been thinking of things to write, of course, but with the computer and the cold and the fact that my office is Hades during the summer, I haven't even given my laptop a thought. Now, of course, I have a semi-open weekend and I've been reading a few books, so I'm going to get some posts ready for next week. Who knows, I might just have three up! I know for sure I'll have two up, because I have two books in my queue that I'd like to talk about (oh, three, really, but I don't want to get too crazy here), so I'm going to get those up next week. FOR SURE. TAKE THAT TO THE BANK AND CASH IT.

Anyway, I'm going to finish up my cold today (I schedule these things) and hopefully finish up my book that I've been so excited about for awhile, but this stupid summer cold. I have less than a hundred pages, so what am I doing updating this thing? I'm getting out of here!

See you Monday!

PS - Happy birthday, Harry Potter! Oh, and JK Rowling, too, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment