/

Friday, August 14, 2015

Is Summer Over Yet?

Happy Friday everyone!

I feel like this week was ten years long. It went by relatively quickly, but so much junk happened that it's like I've fit an entire lifetime into seven days. I guess I should start with the most exciting news:

I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER.

Oh, yes, I have a new computer and it's beautiful. I've even hugged it a few times and I have no shame in saying that. It's so exciting to have a machine that doesn't take ten minutes to warm up and still won't open some of my Word documents without a fuss. Don't get me wrong, I loved my old computer, but you notice the little things when you get a new computer. Well, I guess I noticed the little things even when I still had my old computer, but I tried not to let them bother me because, you know, first world problems. But now I have this lovely thing and it works and it doesn't pretend to fail on me each time I turn it on. It's almost terrifying the power I have with this computer.

The next news is kind of crazy. Instead of windows, our bedroom has three sliding glass doors. I sometimes love to sit on the bed and stare outside, because we have nature around here. Birds hopping around in the grass, dragonflies trying to drink all the pool water, lizards being insane and doing push ups to intimidate me. I love it all. On Tuesday, as I sat on my bed and thought about studying my German, I spotted the fattest, cutest bird I'd ever seen. I'm not exactly stealthy (I fall in flats), but I knew I had to get a picture of this thing for my boyfriend. So I grabbed my phone and stalked outside, hoping I wouldn't scare it off before I could get a long distance photograph. I didn't, and this was what I got:


In case you're wondering, yes, I'm right above this thing. After much debating, we finally figured out that it's a pheasant. It was so cute and I ran inside to tell my boyfriend that we had a new friend, and then I came back out only to find that our cute friend brought along three brothers/sisters/friends.


Yep, there's four in that little scrum. Unfortunately, one fell in our pool and died, but the other three are still kicking. I assume. We built a little coop for them, but then two of them flew out this afternoon while I was at work and the other one hid from me until I got home from work. Now it's burrowing in the bushes because it's about a thousand degrees over here in sunny California. But we're putting him/her in the coop tonight to see if he/she follows his/her brothers/sisters/friends. I'm hoping so because I've already explained to him/her that we have a dog and a cat, and we just don't have room for a bird.

The rest of the week has been full of cleaning, building, reading, swimming, and figuring out what we're doing with this house. Everything has just felt like a rush this week, but I have managed to find a few minutes to write. It's nothing, really, but it's nice to sit down and bang out a few words here and there. Hopefully I'l have more time tomorrow in between a short burst of work and then errands. I've also been burdened with the absolutely horrendous task of making our dog swim for a few hours so he'll be plenty tired when my boyfriend and I go out for the day on Saturday.

Yep, this is my life.

Come on back next week when I'll have a few reviews for you and, hopefully, an update on the writing. For now, though, have a great weekend and if you're out in California with me, stick your sheets in the freezer before you go to bed. It's the best advice I have in 97 degree weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment