/

Monday, May 20, 2013

Finished!...?

I finished editing last week. The moment I finished, I wanted to get on this thing and trumpet about all my hard work. But then I realized that while I made the corrections on the printed manuscript, I had to transfer all of those to the actual digital manuscript and add all the scenes that I felt necessary (which were a lot, and many of the notes I don't remember). So while my completely wonderful and lovely boyfriend played video games most of Saturday (as per my request), I revised and edited and reread my entire manuscript. I have to say...I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's surprising because I've never really liked anything I write, even essays from high school and college. So I'm taking this as a good sign and moving forward without looking back.

Now I'm at a crossroads, though. I started the process to turn this thing into a Kindle book, but then my boyfriend asked me, "What happened to showing it to someone?" It made me pause. What did happen to showing someone? Now that this is all finished and I'm happy with what I have, why not send it out to publishers? Well, yes, there's the crippling idea of rejection, but if that's it, why shouldn't I? It's strange to think that, if someone did take a chance on me, by this time next year, I would be working on the sequel and that I'd be doing something I love to publish and not just to let it sit there on my bookshelf for the rest of my life. Even writing that is getting me excited!

So, we shall see. If, in a few months, nothing is biting, then maybe I'll just throw it up on Kindle. Either way, I guess, it'll be out there soon. That sound so defeatist. My book will be out in the public soon! Yay!

There. That's a better note to end on.

No comments:

Post a Comment