/

Sunday, January 20, 2013

“Fiction Gives Us A Second Chance That Life Denies Us.”

So. Second try.

I had a blog before. Sort of. I considered it more of a journal than anything, and if people followed me, the more the merrier. But this one is going to be different. This one is actually going to push me into doing something I've been procrastinating on for the last, oh, twenty-so years of my life: this is going to help me finish and (hopefully) self-publish my book.

Why is this a big deal for me? Besides the obvious, the fact is I never let anyone see what I write. Sometimes I look at the screen and think, wow, good job, Bree, you've written at a second grade level (no offense to the second graders out there). Others times, I say, hey, look at that, that's okay. And then I promptly forget about it and continue on my second grade path. Either way, I won't let anyone read it, not even the guy I've known for ten years who hears me repeat SpongeBob jokes like I've found the Holy Grail of laughter.

But I feel that I've read enough books, written enough million page novels, to finally find my way into the oh-so-scary world of the public. I'd ask them to be gentle, but really, crying is good for the soul, so I've heard. So this is going to document the journey I take over the next however-long-it-takes-me, and hopefully, it won't be too boring.

So here's to second chances and changes. Let's see how it goes this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment